How do you disable volume control on lock screen?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
When my phone wakes up, I can change the volume of all functions with the side keys without unlocking the phone. Is there a way to disable this? I can't have it turning up inadvertently in my pocket during a meeting.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
When my phone wakes up, I can change the volume of all functions with the side keys without unlocking the phone. Is there a way to disable this? I can't have it turning up inadvertently in my pocket during a meeting.
The volume switch (if you somehow are able to press it in your pocket by accident during a meeting) only turns the media volume up and down, not the notification volume. As long as your phone is on silent or vibrate I don't see how you'd have an issue. The volume rocker on this phone is a lot harder to press than my previous phones have been. I can't imagine accidentally pressing it in pocket.

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The volume switch (if you somehow are able to press it in your pocket by accident during a meeting) only turns the media volume up and down, not the notification volume. As long as your phone is on silent or vibrate I don't see how you'd have an issue. The volume rocker on this phone is a lot harder to press than my previous phones have been. I can't imagine accidentally pressing it in pocket.

Thanks. I see now that it's just media volume. Not a big deal in that case.

oks10

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I see now that it's just media volume. Not a big deal in that case.
You could also enable the "do not disturb" during your meetings and then even if your notification audio was left on by accident, you wouldn't get any notifications/calls/texts until you turned it off

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene