How does newbie to Verizon get a better retail deal on TB?

Xharakov

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I went to a Verizon Wireless retailer, not a corporate store, the Saturday after launch day and just asked the manager if he could do any better on the TBolt's price. It's my personal phone so I didn't have a corporate discount or anything.
I think he was trying to set a sales record for his store or something because he didn't put up a fight, he just said "OK, $199 but today only". So of course I bought it right then. ;)

dr.duct_mossburg

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I've personally seen the impatience from places like Walmart, Costco, Bestbuy, etc. I can't tell you how many f-ups of theirs that I've had to address for a customer.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I guess there is one benefit from living in NJ. You dont have to pay sales tax when you buy somethings online unless the item is being shipped or bought from a store in NJ

wetwaterdog

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
FYI....

Went to fatwallet and signed in (free) and joined the case back plan.
Then sign in to Fatwallet, search thunderbolt cash back, you will get wirefly.
They offer a 50 off coupon for a net price of $150. the window (link shows a cashback from Fatwallet of $25). Took some screen shots, went to Bestbuy and they matched the price....(I just said the cashback was an additional discount, which it is, but did not indicate the wait period). BB sold me the phone for $125 plus tax, which they were going to match, but I didn't push it. Signed up as a new account (was an old Alltel customer so I had no official contract with Verizon) so no activation charges or anything....

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
My wife still has her .edu email address where you used to work part-time. When I typed it into verizon's website, it offered her an 18% discount. Please note: she no longer works there but has access to her email address.

My question is:

If I buy the phone/plan from amazon/wirefly, can I still get the 18% discount on the plan?

You do realize this would be fraud right? If she no longer works there then she is no longer eligible for the benefits of working there. Plain and simple.