How happy are former storm owners?

bay_droid

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Any Problems with setting up emai from POP Accounts?

Hi,
I am considering letting my Curve go there is no love loss, just need the same reliability of email from POP accounts.

Two questions: I keep reading that some people are having emails deleted from the server even though it's set not to do so. I am used to a push and need my mails to end up on my desktop. Any issues?

What is the monthly $15 Verizon Charge for if it's not a push?

I appreciate any help. I really like the droid!!! Just need it to work with email well. I'm not a gmail user.

Thanks everyone!!

shima

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My work email now pushes, which since I refused to pay the 45 on the Storm I was never on the BES before. So this is amazing on the Droid. I wouldn't go back to the Storm for anything, this phone operates so much better. All push emails, google voice integration, navigation, amazing browser (makes the storm look pathetic for browsing), full keyboard in addition to the 2 virtual ones, and did I mention it boots up in 45 seconds or less? I love my Droid.

spotmark

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi,
I am considering letting my Curve go there is no love loss, just need the same reliability of email from POP accounts.
Thanks everyone!!

If your using a POP account, just go to your your Gmail settings (online) and add it. I am routinely getting my Comcast POP account email, through Gmail, within 5 minutes of it being sent.

(Edit- Just registered on a forum using my Comcast account, and I received the confirmation email, through Gmail, in forty seconds.) :)

Last edited:

Richa13er

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey everyone,

1st off I've always been pretty happy with my storm and have been lucky enough to not have any major issues. With that being said though I don't think the storm2 is that much of an upgrade over the current storm.

For those of you who have made the switch are you happy with the droid or would you've rather switch to the storm2? What pros and cons have you found?

Also I hate the fact that I'd have to get BES to be able to get my company email to push to my storm and my wife can't even get her email if she switched to BES. Can you sync emails addresses like outlook and zimbra with the droid?

Oh and how is the learning curve? is it pretty easy to get accustom to?

thanks in advance for the help!

I'm loving the Droid. Best switch I ever made in regards to cell phones. OS is way more advanced that blackberry. There is a learning curve for navigation compared to blackberry, but not a great one in my opinion. My wife hated how the storm worked but does not have any issue grabbing the droid and using it. Not sure on syncing I am just using google sync right now.

JonnyCerv#AC

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I was a Storm1 guy from day 1. Thought about storm2, but really not worth the upgrade. IMO, this phone blows BB out of the water. Sure I miss BBM and the new group function, but other than that...can't imagine not having this phone. So smooth, fluid and so much more fun.

Not to mention this is only the beginning for Android 2.0. Google doesn't mess around. I can't imagine what is to come from app development and OS enhancements.

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I was a Storm1 guy from day 1. Thought about storm2, but really not worth the upgrade. IMO, this phone blows BB out of the water. Sure I miss BBM and the new group function, but other than that...can't imagine not having this phone. So smooth, fluid and so much more fun.

Not to mention this is only the beginning for Android 2.0. Google doesn't mess around. I can't imagine what is to come from app development and OS enhancements.

Yeah, I imagine by next year at this time when 3.0 comes out, Google will be issuing jetpacks as Android accessories. :D

rickt1152

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Another Thought

About to make the switch from S1 to Droid. Have spent a total of about four hours in stores getting familiar with the Droid. Still have some concerns about the lack of SureType in the Portrait mode and the lack of Spell Checker in emails, etc., but overall very impressed.

One thing that dawned on me as I was installing Apps on the demo phones, was that I didn't have to reboot the thing after each install of delete. What a novel idea, no waiting three of four minutes for the phone to reboot after a simple software install. I have always found this to be a huge detriment to trying out applications on the Storm.

Just my 2 cents.

droidweasel

Nov 14, 2009
www.minnesotavikings.com
Love my droid. Just being new to it is like a kid on Xmas morn. I had good luck with my storm one but wouldn't even consider the storm two. I love everything about it so far. Except I can't get my yahoo email to work. Anyone know how to do it?

sailorcrew

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Went from the S1 to the Droid. I can't believe I suffered for a year with that damn thing. The Droid is amazing. Multiple apps downloaded, no reboots, no daily battery pulls, emails push instantly. I have had absolutely no issues with the device. Pulling the 8 gig card from the storm and tossing it.

wademac#AC

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
Glad I found this thread....

Storm owner here waiting on an early upgrade from VZW....once I receive the email or mailer I'm heading in to get a Droid....

my primary concern is being able to receive my corporate email and sync my calendar.....saw various issues in different forums and wanted to see if anyone here was up and running on their businesses' email server and if things are running smoothly....

did I understand an earlier post that if you include Exchange Email in your plan you will be able to sync and receive corporate email pushed without a hitch?

Thanks in advance!

ac3smith

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
I don't come from a storm, but from an 8130 and an 8830 blackberry. The 8830 will always have a place in my heart, but the droid wow factor is way above any bb. The better part is that the wow factor is still sizzling. The battery life is a major drawback, the keyboard is a minor one (compared to bb). For this amazing phone I will get some more chargers and keep practicing on the keyboard (like now). I gave storm2 a short chance, but this phone is too much fun to give up. I am a happy Droid owner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness