How is this forum STILL here!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hands down the Hero is a trusty phone that has a strong following. My only gripe is that it should have had better specs out of the box, but what can you do. The development community has done more than make this phone far more useable than it is out of the box and has allowed me to keep using it until it's time to upgrade :)

chadillac0000

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Although my Hero has been retired from daily use it still has a home on my coffee table as a media center remote. We run XBMC at all our TVs in the house and it is very handy having a spare Hero and G1 laying around. The Hero and G1 make ideal remotes for friends and family (I just use my Evo).

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I still love my little phone. Been eligible for an upgrade for a long time but me wants LTE and NFC to run Google Wallet so I passed on the Epic Touch. I'll probably have to wait 7 or 8 months for both of those features but that's OK since my Hero has been so reliable.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I still love my little phone. Been eligible for an upgrade for a long time but me wants LTE and NFC to run Google Wallet so I passed on the Epic Touch. I'll probably have to wait 7 or 8 months for both of those features but that's OK since my Hero has been so reliable.

I'm sure LTE will be a little more than 7-months out. I'm thinking about a year and a half to two years before we start to see LTE on Sprint. Even then it will probably be spotty just like WiMax is (was) when it was first released.

I'm thinking to upgrade now and by the next eligibility LTE should be rolling out or rolled out enough to make it worth it.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
You're probably right, magnus. I went to the Sprint Store last Monday and played with the E4GT. I had to have it so I plunked down the 2 Cnotes. The rep told me if I upgraded before Oct. 2nd with a standard upgrade, I can get my last annual upgrade next year at this time. No brainer. NFC will be more widely used by then, too.
So long, Hero. You have served me well. It was weird to downgrade from GB 2.3.5 to 2.3.4. I might set the Hero up for my wife so she can use WiFi tethering on it, but after she played with the E4GT, she wants one now, too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been looking at the touch 4g too. I'm going to hold out a little longer and see if something comes out with ICS, even if it's not a Nexus device.

The temptation is there. Lol

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamthechuckster