How long do we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshah500

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
How long do we have to return our (replacement) Note 7's? I ask because I am planning on switching to the V20, but it doesn't release until the 28th. My replacement Note 7 seems ok and I don't have a spare phone, so I plan on keeping it until the V20's release. Is that a viable plan or will carriers/retail stores (i.e. Sam's Club) no longer offer returns past a certain date?

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
You would need to contact the store you purchased from as right now, it varies from retailer to retailer. Regardless, I think you should be ok (return-wise, not safety-wise) to hang onto it until late October when the V20 is released.

Skybrok

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Verizon cus's are having our accts credited and eligibilities reinstated. No mention of returning the phone's at all. Some have said they were told to keep it. As in, 'do what you want with it'. They'll probably be turning off service for them. They won't be liable because Samsung has publicly said to turn them off and stop using them. It's now up to you to do so.

jmk32

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
This whole thing is a freakin nightmare. I love my Note 7 and do not see any comparable option if I'm forced to give it up. Everything else seems to be a big downgrade, including the S7E (only 32gb internal) and LG V20 (no wireless charging, bigger phone, and ugly IMO) and definitely the iPhone7 (no quick charge, no user flexibility, wouldn't work with my Android watch, gigantic bezels).
Not to mention I bought a boat load of accessories - bunch of cases, wireless charging dock, usb-c wires, etc that I wouldn't be able to get refunded (bought from Amazon, Ebay, etc).
If we absolutely have to give up the phone, Samsung owes us BIG TIME, like do something to give us priority to get the S8 or N8 without carriers hassling us about early upgrades, etc, or some big credit or something...

anon(9419666)

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
You may not have a choose because If Samsung discontinued the phone they may not update the note7. And depending on carriers and retailers there is a deadline to get a refund.

mscjr

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
This whole thing is a freakin nightmare. I love my Note 7 and do not see any comparable option if I'm forced to give it up. Everything else seems to be a big downgrade, including the S7E (only 32gb internal) and LG V20 (no wireless charging, bigger phone, and ugly IMO) and definitely the iPhone7 (no quick charge, no user flexibility, wouldn't work with my Android watch, gigantic bezels).
Not to mention I bought a boat load of accessories - bunch of cases, wireless charging dock, usb-c wires, etc that I wouldn't be able to get refunded (bought from Amazon, Ebay, etc).
If we absolutely have to give up the phone, Samsung owes us BIG TIME, like do something to give us priority to get the S8 or N8 without carriers hassling us about early upgrades, etc, or some big credit or something...

By not returning the phone, what message are you sending to Samsung? That a device subject to recall due to a potentially dangerous defect is good enough for you?

Nvincible

Oct 5, 2015
Visit site
jmk32 said nothing about not returning the phone. They were just venting and frustrated. I am in the exact same position. I know it's "just a phone" but no other phone interests me at all. I had a great working Note 5 that was paid off. Traded it in on the Note 7. Now, I'm screwed. I either have to exchange for something I totally don't want or I get to re-buy a full price Note 5 if they have any. Very, very disappointing. I've lived with using my S-pen for several years now and I'm spoiled and don't want to go backwards.
Doesn't mean I won't... I'll have no choice but it's still going backwards. With all the dang phone makers and models out there in the worlds, why did it have to be the only phone I've ever wanted! lol. This just sucks!
Let us vent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan