How long does it take to port from Sprint to Verizon?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So, I got a brand new Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with Sprint at the beginning of May. I had previously had the Galaxy S 8+. I had always had problems with mobile data connection with Sprint, and even after they sent me their magic box and I dealt with tech support I don't know how many times, the mobile data was either insanely unstable or not working at all. Finally, I get this super rude agent who tells me it must be something I did to the phone and they can't help me anymore. This is after weeks of paying them for unlimited data only to have it never work. So, I ported the number to Verizon.

However, because I am keeping the brand new phone I just bought - luckily it was compatible - I am wondering how long this port process takes. Verizon's live chat is down, and the phone is not working, presumably due to the port process. I was chatting to a very nice Verizon agent yesterday morning, and the chat suddenly dropped. Ever since, no matter where I go on the site, it says My Verizon is unavailable at this time. The SIM card for Verizon is on the way already, should arrive sometime today. I just need to know that the port process is working, as my network still says Sprint on the phone. Thanks for anyone who can give some insight to this problem.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
The phone says whatever the SIM says - it's a Sprint SIM, so it says Sprint.

Wait until the SIM arrives and insert it (remember to turn the phone off first). You should be good to go as soon as you turn the phone on.

(Porting can take days, but between major carriers, it usually takes a few minutes - it's automated once someone at Verizon starts the port going.)