How long does your phone battery go from 100% to 99%

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It depends like Golfdriver said , I've been charging my device from 5 percent to 100 all the time , my iPhone x which is about 2 years old at 92% capacity and my 8+ still going strong . I say do what works best for you .

Your X is probably 1.5 years old but who's counting.

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The whole battery charging to 80% and not letting them drop below 40% is overated. I use my phones alot and have yet to kill a battery or deteriorate one noticeably unless they are more than 3 years old. I try not to go below 25% but the most important thing is not to drain them fully on a regular basis which my wife and daughter do and after 2 years there batteries are fatigued.

Exactly. I always throw mine on the charger over night and not worry about it and it drains to whatever percentage is left at the end of the day. I don’t stress about all these stressing to save your battery. Unless you keep your phone 3 years, it doesn’t matter. All of my phones which is iPhone XS and S10 will only be kept one year. I get the new version every year no matter what.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Li-ion batteries don't like full charges or deep discharging. When you go above 75%, it can cause accelerated internal breakdown that lowers capacity and shortens the overall life of the battery. I personally killed one in 6 months before I learned about that. It wasn't a big deal in the past when batteries were cheap and user replaceable. With the switch to sealed batteries that are expensive and time consuming to replace, it's more important to properly care for them.

https://batteryuniversity.com/index.php/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

And at what percentage do you recommend to start charging from and stop at with the S10 plus?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
And at what percentage do you recommend to start charging from and stop at with the S10 plus?
The common recommendation is to try keeping it between 40-80% for a balance of overall life and time between charges. If you go outside of that range now and then, it's not the immediate end of the world. Letting it go below 20% is when the potential for damage really ramps up, and should be avoided if at all possible.

DARK Vader777

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
From 100% to 99%? I don't know, maybe 5 or so minutes? Give or take a minute or two?

If your previous phones would take 20 mins to drop 1%, I'd imagine it wasn't calculating the battery % correctly. I mean if 20 min screen time is 1% drop, then *if it were accurate* then it should take 99 x 1% drops at 20 min screen time per 1% drop.

Quick maths:
99 x 20 mins = 2,000 minutes total screen time
2,000 minutes / 60 minutes = 33.33 hours screen on time

Yeah - no chance your previous phone had 33 hours screen on time. So it just wasn't calculating the initial 1% drop accurately. The S10 is probably calculating it correctly now.

With your S10 at 4 minutes for a 1% drop:

99 x 4 minutes = 396 minutes total screen time
396 minutes / 60 minutes = 6.6 hours screen on time

Much more reasonable screen on time.

Where were you when I bought my wife her New Car Saturday?
Very nice putting them figures together like that.
But battery life has been Excellent on the s10 plus.
Drop off from 100%-99% takes about 4 minutes.
I'll probably never look at that again.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
lol....I see the OP's original topic question evolved into another "How to Charge your Battery Thread".
Like it's never been done before.

Dont forget keep your phone between 45 degrees and 75 degrees temperatures for excellent battery life :)

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
You have to remember part of the prevent over charge thing lets the battery drain a little when it hits 100%, so depending where you are on that cycle when you pull the plug, it will still ready 100% but really isn't.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
You have to remember part of the prevent over charge thing lets the battery drain a little when it hits 100%, so depending where you are on that cycle when you pull the plug, it will still ready 100% but really isn't.

Exactly and also when it first gets to 100% it's not really full.

DLIVINGS

Jul 7, 2017
Visit site
I put it on the charger at night before I go to bed and take it off in the morning. I never had an issue with the last three phones I've owned. (2 - 3 years/phone)

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
It seems to go down to 99% relatively quick but I can't complain about battery with S10 plus I often only need to charge every other day

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnsd84