HOW many DNA owners would take hTc up on letting them revert to vanilla android by way of hTc?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Agree 100%. I love HTC and sense, but the SMS app is way too slow, especially when I need to fire off a text really quickly. And I love the notifications bar on my nexus 7 so much more. I can't wait until sense 5, where more of these stock android changes are implemented, especially the quick toggles in the notifications bar.

Posted via Android Central App

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Agree 100%. I love HTC and sense, but the SMS app is way too slow, especially when I need to fire off a text really quickly. And I love the notifications bar on my nexus 7 so much more. I can't wait until sense 5, where more of these stock android changes are implemented, especially the quick toggles in the notifications bar.

Posted via Android Central App

I guess I haven't noticed the slowness of the messaging app, but I don't rely on it for much. Is the problem with the app or the service? Do Handcent or GoSMS hehe the same problem?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I guess I haven't noticed the slowness of the messaging app, but I don't rely on it for much. Is the problem with the app or the service? Do Handcent or GoSMS hehe the same problem?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

The problem is with the application, not with the service. There have been quite a few threads on this issue and there is a general consensus that this is a prevalent problem.

I am reluctant to use any other non-native SMS applications after a number of sites, including CNET, noted that a fair number of them are a form of malware that log your text input. I really don't trust too many apps unless they are created by well-known developers.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
The problem is with the application, not with the service. There have been quite a few threads on this issue and there is a general consensus that this is a prevalent problem.

I am reluctant to use any other non-native SMS applications after a number of sites, including CNET, noted that a fair number of them are a form of malware that log your text input. I really don't trust too many apps unless they are created by well-known developers.

Using Handcent or GoSMS will be fine, both are from known developers and used by 99% of android users it seems. I personally have used handcent since I first got my OG Incredible. I did try out GoSMS last night, but didnt like that i couldnt change a few things to colors I preferred so I went back to Handcent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya