Keeping Picture Frozen On Phone To Avoid Accidental Scrolling????

Alniter

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Here's the scenario: I pull up a pic on my phone to show others. Instead of holding it up and letting them look from afar, I want to hand the phone to them and let them see the photo. EVERY TIME it's done, I or they accidentally hit one side or the other of the screen, moving to the next photo instead of the one I wanted to show them.

Is there a way to freeze that picture so it can't move off the screen until I want it to? This seems like it would be a very common problem, with an easy solution! But if you search online all the sites think you want to lock that picture away into a private folder instead of "locking" it onscreen so it can be seen.

I'm not wanting to hide other pix from whoever I'm handing the phone to (there are indeed private folders for that, but I don't need those either). I just want the correct pic not to slide away while I'm passing the phone or they're receiving it. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Here's the scenario: I pull up a pic on my phone to show others. Instead of holding it up and letting them look from afar, I want to hand the phone to them and let them see the photo. EVERY TIME it's done, I or they accidentally hit one side or the other of the screen, moving to the next photo instead of the one I wanted to show them.

Is there a way to freeze that picture so it can't move off the screen until I want it to? This seems like it would be a very common problem, with an easy solution! But if you search online all the sites think you want to lock that picture away into a private folder instead of "locking" it onscreen so it can be seen.

I'm not wanting to hide other pix from whoever I'm handing the phone to (there are indeed private folders for that, but I don't need those either). I just want the correct pic not to slide away while I'm passing the phone or they're receiving it. Am I missing something?

Thanks for any help.
Methinks it'd likely depend on which android & UI version & phone model you're using, but I was just looking at the camera app on my Galaxy S23+, and if you tap on ••• then 'Remaster picture' .... as soon as the short little ▫️▫️▫️ busy thing is done, you can slide the cursor to the left, and the pic is locked.

You could also tap the Edit icon.... but then there'd be a chance others could touch an edit control.

There may be a quicker way, but that looks like the quickest way to lock a pic on my camera app. Hope that may help.

Last edited:
Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Here's a workaround -- when using Google Photos, bring up the photo you want to show people, then slightly zoom in (using a pinch-to-zoom gesture). Then if people accidentally touch the screen, instead of swiping to the next photo, it'll just move the photo around the screen a little bit.