how many minutes does it take to copy a 1GB video file?

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if there might be something wrong with the USB port of the phone itself.....
When I copy a 1GB video file from my PC to the SD card that came inside the Rezound,
it takes 9 minutes. (actual time, using a stopwatch) If I take that SD card out, then
it only takes just uder 5 minutes.

By comparison, the same exact file only takes 4 minutes to copy from the same PC to my
other phones, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus or Droid Charge.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm wondering if there might be something wrong with the USB port of the phone itself.....
When I copy a 1GB video file from my PC to the SD card that came inside the Rezound,
it takes 9 minutes. (actual time, using a stopwatch) If I take that SD card out, then

By comparison, the same exact file only takes 4 minutes to copy from the same PC to my other phones, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus or Droid Charge.

Do you mean, ext_sd card, swapped and used in those phones? What class SD are you using?

Dovahkiin

One Man Wolfpack
Nov 17, 2011
Visit site

By comparison, the same exact file only takes 4 minutes to copy from the same PC to my
other phones, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus or Droid Charge.

I'm guessing the read/write speed is faster for internal than it is for the ext_sd, which sounds pretty reasonable to me. 9 minutes is a little high, though.
Are you just dragging and dropping files from folder to folder or something else?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XavierusKasshh