How many of you are addicted to skins?

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
So for every phone I buy I also buy a plethora of different color skins too for that phone in which most cases you can find at least one company who makes a skin or two for most all phones out there. In fact I like skins so much that I have slowly found myself not using the drawer full of cases that I've accumulated over the years and I'm the type that will own the same phone at least twice during it's existence. So with that meant lots and lots of cases until I slowly found myself ordering more and more skins. There are a few companies out there who make good products and of course we all have heard of dbrand. I'll post some pics up of my latest dbrand skin combo up at the end of this post or blog what ever you want to call it. I for one enjoy the color of skins. Color speaks a thousand words without actually saying one. So with the skins it's all about expression. Colors say a lot about who a person is or their personalities. With me I tend to go for the Reds, Blues, Oranges and Yellows. Every once in a while if I don't have a choice I'll go with a black carbon fiber which by the way I have on my Axon 7 Mini since Dbrand didn't offer a skin for that model, but back to companies. You have Mighty Skins, Slick Wraps and Skinomi to name a few which I've bought from them all before. I will have to say that Dbrand offers them best product because they use 3m as their material and being that I have had previous experience working with 3m material in the past it's by far and away the best material to work with and one that lasts and stands the test of time. I've used it on the interior and exterior of my vehicles before and it holds up to all types of weather and conditions such as extreme heat without peeking or breaking. I know this from actual experience. So if you're going to by a skin for your phone I have to go with the majority here and say that Dbrand offers the best overall product on the market. I'm unsure of what material the other companies use but none of them I've used will leave any type of residue once you have taken it off your phone. The skin also acts as a protective material from dings and scratches and better yet offers you a much needed better grip. If you do like me and order several skins and swap them out from time to time it's like getting a new phone with each new look. I love colors especially Reds. I'm a huge marvel fan so spiderman and captain America both are typically what color theme I'm after when I order my skins. Also certain color skins look good with certain color phones. It's can be a lot of fun to tinker with the various skins to project that certain color or image you vision and then bring it to life. It's fun and exciting. I know I did this with my last vehicle as I visioned a certain look and it was amazing to see it actually come to life as I wrapped each section with 3m 1080 ply material. So have fun with it. I'm not saying that a skin is going to nearly give you the same type of protection that a case does but none the less it is a lot of fun building and customizing your phone to the exact colors you like. Here are a few sample pictures which I'm still waiting on some of my skins to arrive for my two newest phones. One is an Axon 7 Mini and the other is a brand new Nexus 6p. Both great devices but lots more skins offered for the 6p over my new axon 7 mini. The only skin I found for the Axon was through skinomi. Here ya go and remember to enjoy and have fun with it!!

dc2a2d4947c70de1732321c0992a0f20.jpg

a87368c87e543726e9d9d8063fe180dc.jpg

2855e4e54ff7f7f994b18002e9a5e6d4.jpg

f496e57e36c9831baa8097d27bbbfd2c.jpg

51251d61ae38114c5429f856057e1c19.jpg

6ce97d677380ad9ab2b7e2ebbfb113e4.jpg

f4ade71c208800978d4cd98f27081ee2.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I accidentally tore the yellow skin while trying to get a better alignment so I had to throw it away. Now I'm back to this set up which I'll use for a while as I'll give my favorite color red a rest.
6df5afdbde3bb27a803e346b376c35cb.jpg

e5ca76e1d0a49e260a9b5c964dd1ad29.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
90d67224fc4623a53ab635723298cf19.jpg

67b68c1d870fe3fa1cd45ded95ac89dd.jpg

39f0d3a8cf85bbb9c1b684b8d210716c.jpg

Seems like I've gotten the majority of feedback that they have liked this skin combo the best which is great bc it's the original skin combo that I ordered first. It was my favorite set up. I'm a huge fan of marvel so in particular spiderman and captain America. I was after their color themes when I chose this skin combo lol. I like to have fun with it plus Red or this shade of color Red is my favorite color anyways. I do want to order orange and blue and then maybe a carbon fiber white with orange, blue or red accents. Nothing in black. In fact I wished the color of Nexus 6p was silver and I probably wouldn't even have used a skin. I love that color for the 6p but in this case I had no choice in the insane low price I paid for it brand new and 64gs. I was able to get it for only $150!! I'm still in shock over it and the only phone that I would have ordered over it which I missed out on was a Sony Xperia X which I could have had a white model for only $178. That was a good deal too. I'm more of a fan of a straight 5 inch device and the sony Xperia X was just that. It's my fault for missing the deal. It was late and I thought to myself no one's going to order a Sony phone overnight so I'll order it the morning. Well it was sure gone so if you find a deal on something, jump on it as they typically don't last long for a reason. When he told me $150 on my new Nexus I said I'll take it. I wasn't missing out on the deal of the century which this deal was a lot better than the sony Xperia X deal but I just like a even 5 inch phone which you don't see many phones cone in that size today. The only other phone I can think of is the Pixel and I'm not paying 750 for a phone anymore. Not when there are deals like this out there or mid range flagships that offer you everything at a much lower price. The Pixel is nothing more than a Nexus 6p tweaked a little bit then Google slapped their name on it and charged almost double the cost of the 6p. In no way compared to the 6p is the Pixel worth that price. However if I found a good enough deal on the 5 inch pixel I would get it just due to the sheer lack of 5 inch phones on the market. To me a 5 inch phone is the perfect size. You get plenty of screen still but also get the ease of one handed use and being able to easily put the phone in your pocket. So my next phone without doubt I'll go back to Apple to which I was exclusive to for many many years and get the iPhone 10 or X with that phone remaining small but having a 5.8 inch display a lot like the S8 from Samsung which I did have that phone but I just don't like samsungs software or their heavy skin. There is simply nothing like the experience of true pure stock Android you get with this Nexus 6p. Is my all time favorite Android device

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Dbrand is sending me a replacement skin under warranty and I ask them if I could change my colors. They are a good company to deal with. They said sure and to pick out what I wanted. So I chose the carbon fiber in white back, carbon fiber red camera and red letters. Now I just need to place an order for the frame which I saw a set up like this on YouTube and he went with a red frame that looked killer on it. Here's what I have incoming.

e7a657011362e8232b1e80256b4e1547.jpg

Dconn1975

Banned
Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
526f6ed88b8e6655ad1d2fe0ff056a12.jpg

6be9a4e2e48098807ab5782f452c03eb.jpg

6c4dab307cb6d66e0c08754186dcc1c3.jpg

So here is my newest dbrand set up! I'm waiting on the Red frame to come in as I decided to go ahead and get that after I ordered this set up. I saw a video on one set up like mine and he had the red frame and it looked killer. Can't wait to add that finishing tough off to this now. What do you guys think?