How many out there do not use a screen protector

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've been debating on whether to continue to use a screen protector. Has anyone else been using the Nexus without one? What kind of glass does it have on it? Thanks.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
i've never had a screen protector on my launch date OG EVO 4G nor my launch date G-Nex. i have spent many days at the beach with sand even falling onto my display. i've also had the phone in a bag pocket which included my keys. i am somewhat particular and i can find no discernible scratch marks on the display. i am highly confident in the durability and scratch resistance of the Gorilla Glass (or equivalent) that they use on these modern smartphone displays.

this scratch test is pretty telling -

http://phandroid.com/2010/06/11/evo...his-thing-can-take-some-wear-maybe-even-tear/

IMO screen protectors are unnecessary, obtrusive, and ugly. i don't believe in them.

good luck.

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To be honest I don't like screen protectors because they lose shape form and protection but the ghost armour is beautiful on the galaxy nexus. Its fingerprint proof so I'm not constantly cleaning oil and it keeps my keys from scratching my phone. To tell you the truth I dropped it on face a few weeks ago outside near metro link on rocks. Now if I Didnt have a sedio case and ghost armour I would have lost my mind. I take care of my electronics. I already have scars on back from drops. It affects resale value. Pick your poison. I know sprint did a good job on the back door material but I will not take changes.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

DIPNINANOUT

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Plus the ghost armour can be removed and reapplied and looks like brand new. Soap and water. It only sometimes doesn't register finger movement from protector. The only time I take it off is at home so I can enjoy the HD screen.

AndroiduserT

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
had my gnex since just after launch, no screen protector on it ever.
Multiple drops on concrete, put in pocket with coins and keys, etc. No scratches on the screen.
I will admit that I do my best not to put it in bad situations, but s**t happens. Nevertheless, this screen has held up flawlessly.

jparker71

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Like the G1 and Evo 4G before it, my Gnex is also screen protector free.

Mobius360

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I had one on mine until it got an air bubble or something and wouldn't stick on that spot so I took it off. It was a matte protector which was nice for reflections but it looked like crap. Much better without it.I do use a case so if I set my phone down I'm not worried about it getting scratched on a table or something .

mcantu

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i wish i had used one. i have 6 small nicks on the screen after less than a year that seem to be slightly curved like they were caused by the motion of my fingernail. its always carried alone in my front pocket. my old HTC Hero made it 2 years, carried the same way and never got one scratch on the screen. it also resisted fingerprints and smudges MUCH better than the Nexus (which seems to have no smudge/scratch resistant coating) and its a 3 year older design

TOOLEY

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Nothing. Just nude phone. Used to have invisable shield on my pre. Don't see it neccesary on this phone. Not a scratch. Your call.

efyoiphone

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Naked since I got it. No scratches from being in pocket with keys or lighter. Just as clear as the day I got it.

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I do not use a screen protector or case. I find them large and unwieldy. So far no scratches but I've only had it for a week. :p

primerocellphone

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
well ,i did not go to the beach or carry it with keys--- i carried my two day old nexus 4 in cargo pocket/cotton pants/solo for one afternoon --nothing in pocket to create this scenario --- i now have a band running from one end to other on my new nexus -- absolutely freakin me out -- does not wash off--/does not clean up --it is a dull , unreflective band ---this is my first cell phone period and i regret not doing my homework about protecting it better-

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
try some goo-gone. See if that helps.

I've been bareback since I got mine in October, no issues at all. I just wish it wasn't a finger oil magnet.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Everyone loves rolling naked, until they wish they hadn't.

My old phone I ran with a case for months. One day I decided I liked how it felt without protection, figured I was careful and never dropped it anyway. That day, dropped on concrete.

I ran the nexus naked for a week. Using the stealth shields screen protector now. It isn't the same, but it is worth it (and super cheap)

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
well ,i did not go to the beach or carry it with keys--- i carried my two day old nexus 4 in cargo pocket/cotton pants/solo for one afternoon --nothing in pocket to create this scenario --- i now have a band running from one end to other on my new nexus -- absolutely freakin me out -- does not wash off--/does not clean up --it is a dull , unreflective band ---this is my first cell phone period and i regret not doing my homework about protecting it better-

Tried alcohol? (not drinking to make yourself feel better, I mean wipe with rubbing alcohol)

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I've had a screen protector on mine for quite a while now. I honestly forget who made it.....lol

I've been thinking of taking it off cause it looks like crap now but I'm not sure how it's gonna come off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjogi3777