How often do you replace your phone?

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
Every 2-3 years but my current G4 is too big, if I score a decent contract this spring I'll dump it and get the smaller S7. My big phone experiment is concluded...never again.

What negative experiences are you having with a larger device?

Posted via the Android Central App

Eageron

Feb 22, 2016
Visit site
I used to replace my phone only every 3 to 4 years, because I didn't want to enter the release cycles of all big companies. But I noticed since almost all big companies release a new phone every year now. I tend to replace my phone a lot faster. Right now I'm having the Note 4 but I have a lot of problems, so I'll wait for the Samsung Galaxy S7. Long story short, I'd say I change my phone every year.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
What negative experiences are you having with a larger device?

I don't like how it feels in my pocket and I tend to one-hand phones for many operations and it's a stretch with a 5.5" and I wind up hitting the wrong inputs when doing so.

I don't play games or watch vids on my phones so screen size is not important to me, I use my laptop or desktop computers for those activities and in general I try not to bury my face in my phone all day so again I'd rather have something user friendly.

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Usually every 6-8 months. But now I plan on keeping me Nexus 6P for the next two years

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Ohhhh boy... Um... Every year and-a-half, usually. I start getting antsy around the one-year mark, to be honest. But this time, I want to stick with my G3 for the full two-year term.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
5.7" ;)

Edit: you're talking about the G4

The Note 4 is wonderful...minus the camera

The Note is beautiful...but can't remove the battery...and no SD card slot

If I were to get a big phone it'd be the Note series for my business needs. However, factor #1 with me will always be size and the 5.1" Sammy is calling my name!

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
If I were to get a big phone it'd be the Note series for my business needs. However, factor #1 with me will always be size and the 5.1" Sammy is calling my name!

I just can't seem to get my hands comfortable on such small devices. It's a wonder how I managed to have an iPhone 4 few years ago.

clownFaceProd

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
It used to be every year. Now I'm trying to hold onto my Note 4 for as long as possible. Haven't seen a phone since that gives me as much in one package as this one. I'll take a look at the Note 6 though if Samsung brings back the card slot and IR blaster.

Coraya

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
It used to be every year. Now I'm trying to hold onto my Note 4 for as long as possible. Haven't seen a phone since that gives me as much in one package as this one. I'll take a look at the Note 6 though if Samsung brings back the card slot and IR blaster.

I agree. I concur. I never had a phone like my Note 4. Note 3 was a great experience and entry into the phablet market for me. But the Note 4 was a welcome improvement. I'd be glad to keep it for the next couple of years if the Note 6 doesn't offer the features I need.

Although I sorely miss my Blackberry Curve 8330 and the old LG enV 2. The Note 4 will one day be one of those devices for me lol

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Nothing has changed, even if I love my current daily driver, 6P. :(

I got my nexus 6P late December and in two weeks I'll be picking up my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. :)

keegh

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Over the last roughly 5 years I've had the LG revolution - Galaxy S3 - BlackBerry Q10 - Droid Turbo - and as of a few days ago the BlackBerry PRIV.
I usually switched roughly once a year until the Turbo which I had for about a year and a half.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen