How to access phone via PC when phone is locked and screen is dead

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi. I have S8 + for more than a year now. A while back my phone dropped and the screen got a tiny crack. After few weeks the screen has died. It is pitch black. It is responsive to touch, phone works, there are sounds, but i cannot see anything. I tried all.... reset, findmymobile options, wipe phone, reset phone but nothing. I want to access my phone with my PC to try to save some data before taking it to the service. But i cannot access phone because it is locked. I connect Kies but it tells me it is locked and PC also don`t allow access. Does anyone know how to access files? Thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If it responds to touch, then your best bet is to find another S8+ and determine the exact touch locations necessary to unlock your phone, and also where the USB notification is in the notification panel so that you can tap it and select MTP (while the phone is connected to your PC via USB). It'd be easiest to have the phones side by side so you can accurately duplicate the touches.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shoenboltsfan