How to add another input language to keyboard? (Galaxy S7 Nougat)

A

AC Question

BEFORE Nougat my autocorrect worked for both French and English, it was great!

AFTER Nougat, it only works for English, and I cannot for the life of me find where or how to add French to the autocorrect/autofill options.

Different websites offer different advice, none of which matches what I see on my phone.

Please help!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
That depends on what keyboard you're using. Please let us know which one that is and someone should be able to help you.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.

this_is_bumby

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
Hey it's me! (OP!)

I figured out .how to add an input language. You have to open the keyboard, click Settings (in the pop up menu where the clipboard/emoji/voice-to-text things are), then click "Languages and Types". From there you can add any language from the menu.

Thank you! Hope this helps someone! It's kind of lame how the Nougat install erased all my preferences and stuff :p

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Welcome and thanks for the tip to help others!

I understand the frustration. However, if there was a fundamental change in an application, specifically a system app such as a keyboard, I can see how the settings being reset could happen.

this_is_bumby

Mar 29, 2017
Visit site
OK, I was wrong. Adding the language to the keyboard did NOT fix the autocorrect / autofill. It still only does it for English. Whyyyyy ?

Edit: ALSO, autoREPLACE doesn't seem to work at all. This is a problem...

Last edited:

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the stock S7 keyboard? If so, we'll get your thread moved to the S7 section so folks that have the same device can better see your post and help you out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treyrday86