How to allow reward ads?

Locksheema

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I've recently noticed that when I try play ads ingame for a reward/extra life etc. I get some sort of an error message (it's different depending on the game). I don't seem to have an ad blocker installed and don't recall changing any settings. I've searched YouTube and Google with not much luck.

Any suggestions/advice please?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! For which game? Sometimes it's due to the ad network itself or their server. I play a lot of Asphalt 9, and periodically I run into issues where certain ads fail to play.

Locksheema

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the delayed response B. Diddy. It's numerous games, and even a free to air TV app says it can't play because of an Ad Blocker, but I can't seem to find any on my phone. It's really frustrating.

Locksheema

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
No VPN and yes on both. There is definitely an ad blocker (static ads on pages are white with a little block in the top corner with a cross through it or a page with a sad face), but I can't seem to find it. Searched through my installed apps in PlayStore, scrolled through my installed apps and have checked Samsung Browser Ad Blockers and none of the ones suggested are installed.

Locksheema

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nope, apps. What I'm talking about above is on the Web. So I'm thinking clearly there is an ad blocker somewhere, but I can't find it. I did have a couple of the ones recommended in the Samsung Browser installed on my S21 Ultra, but haven't installed any on my Fold 3 (when I look at the suggestions there, none are downloaded.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Check the Security/Privacy settings of your browsers as well, and see if you have Enhanced Protection or something similar turned on. Also, if you have it set to use a private DNS (like Cloudflare or Google), change it to the carrier-provided DNS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No, apps.

Not sure what you mean by this. If you're saying that you're having problems watching ads while playing installed games, it's still worth checking those browser settings, because the ads probably use the browser (or Android System Webview) to display. If you're using Enhanced Protection or a private DNS, that might interfere with accessing certain web content (like those ads).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azrae9484