How to compress icons on home page

frank1492

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
If you remove an icon from a home screen page on Moto g Power it leaves a gap. When new icons are added you want them to appear at the end not plug the gaps. So after removing an icon is there anyway to simply compress all the successive icons to plug the gap in one step? It's annoying to have to search for the most recently placed icons when they end up in the gaps. Ideally I would think spaces would automatically be closed after removal of icons. Thanks for help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't think so, at least not with the stock launcher. If there's an option to turn off the App Drawer (and therefore show every single installed app on the homescreens, like on iOS) then it might work that way.

frank1492

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Am I alone with this complaint do you think? When adding a new icon I am given the option to manually (as opposed to automatically) add it in which case I can place it where I want it, but that's a small pain. Also before I complained about the inability to easily jump to a specific page from page 1. My old Samsung had a row of dots representing pages so you could jump. As it is, I have to scroll. Thanks for your help.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Probably not alone. Some people like app icons on Home screens and others like bare bones Home screens and just use the app drawer.