How to download the local digital wellbeing data from a phone?

Vinit Vijay Sankhe

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Hi, I am performing a statistical analysis of digital wellbeing of android users. For this I see that Google has itself launched the digital wellbeing beta app. This app records users digital interactions and provide a chart based view. I wanted to know where is this data located locally on the phone (some cache or file) so that my volunteers can transfer me the data and I can use it for my analysis.

Can you please guide me.

Thank you.

Vinit Vijay Sankhe

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Which device ?
I dont see any files in internal storage to give data.

I'll leave a link to register so you can communicate here, as a guest account u cant .
https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

Hi Mustang,

Thanks for your response.

I am using Xiaomi X20 pro Miui 11.0.3 on Android 10. I do see the digital wellbeing app in settings and can see my stats appearing there... Each week ever since I have purchased this phone.

There must be some cache isn't it?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Mustang,

Thanks for your response.

I am using Xiaomi X20 pro Miui 11.0.3 on Android 10. I do see the digital wellbeing app in settings and can see my stats appearing there... Each week ever since I have purchased this phone.

There must be some cache isn't it?
Hello!

I've checked in few different phones I have , yes it's in settings and provides data there, but when I go into my file manager it doesn't populate and Data files there. It looks like it's integrated in the software . It's like for example when you look your battery stats in settings and provides data there but no files to access in files manager . You need to know coding to extract this type of stuff .

Vinit Vijay Sankhe

Jan 14, 2020
Visit site
Hello!

I've checked in few different phones I have , yes it's in settings and provides data there, but when I go into my file manager it doesn't populate and Data files there. It looks like it's integrated in the software . It's like for example when you look your battery stats in settings and provides data there but no files to access in files manager . You need to know coding to extract this type of stuff .

Oh that is a bummer. I really felt I could extract the information somehow. I was hopeful about using this data for my project.

Still how does it maintain it though for over many days? Through webservice?

Thanks Mustang.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
SQLite - that's used in all Android databases. And yes, you'd have to root to get to it (and understand SQL to extract the data - and have a SQLite editor, of course).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raykv23