How to Force Camera Roll to Show Up in the Camera App?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pcrcol

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Normally if I bring up the camera app (samsungs built in one) it has an icon at the bottom left to see your gallery.

But when the camera is activated in certain ways, like a direct link to upload a picture, or an app to add a photo, the camera roll icon is missing. It wants me to take a live picture only. How do I avoid this so I can instead just choose an existing photo? Is this specific to Samsung? Its not being done through a 3rd party app, its stil just the phone's built in camera app, why is Samsung removing the gallery, how do I override this?

Screenshot_20230207_131343_Camera.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Normally if I bring up the camera app (samsungs built in one) it has an icon at the bottom left to see your gallery.

But when the camera is activated in certain ways, like a direct link to upload a picture, or an app to add a photo, the camera roll icon is missing. It wants me to take a live picture only. How do I avoid this so I can instead just choose an existing photo? Is this specific to Samsung? Its not being done through a 3rd party app, its stil just the phone's built in camera app, why is Samsung removing the gallery, how do I override this?

View attachment 351054
Is permission on for camera app and gallery?

Pcrcol

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
So even direct upload links, without any app involed, can somehow activate your built in camera without Gallery access. Strange.
I wonder if it's specific to Samsung models, perhaps the firmware is different on other phones and maintains Gallery access at all times when the camera is activated on other brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.