How To Install Custom ROMs on my Galaxy Note 4

ntlknight

Nov 2, 2018
Visit site
How do I install custom ROMs on my Galaxy Note 4? I've had my Note 4 (T-Mobile...on Metro PCS) since it first came out. I've never rooted it or done anything other than taking the stock updates. It's currently running Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow.

Please let me know what my options are as far as updating it to a custom ROM, whether an updated version of Android like 9, or other recommended ROMs. Will I need to root it first? Are there tutorials and pros and cons?

Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. I doubt that there's anything as late as Android 9 for the Note 4, except possibly for LineageOS. (They have full instructions on their site.) Make sure it's for the T-Mobile version of the Note 4, or you could brick the phone.

2. For any other custom ROMS, I doubt that you'll find anything later than modifications of Android 6 (Marshmallow). Look around in the Development and Original Development sections for the T-Mobile Note 4 on XDA forums. Each Rom is installed differently, and the instructions are in the article (usually in the first couple of posts for that article).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali