How to keep your ASUS Zenfone 2 running for hours without charging.

Do the changes increase your batter life?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Debajit Basu

May 20, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought the Zenfone 2, i am using it for 2 weeks and overall i am satisfied. One thing i noticed though that people are having issues with the battery as it dosent last a day for them even though its 3000 mah, so i decided to experiment with my device to see how to keep it going without charging and of course with normal usage. Below are the steps that you can also follow to see how things work out for you:

1) After using your phone, clear all the apps from the recent items(click the lower right button and remove all the running apps).
2) CM(Clean master) app provided with the phone is great, use it as wisely and your phone will perform much better.
Use CM to regularly clean your junk files as well as use the one tap boost option every time after using your phone and before locking it.
3) Use the Auto start manager to check which apps starts when you start your phone, keep it to minimal, i only kept social networking apps like (Facebook, Watsapp etc.) in auto start option, it will help a lot.
4) Go to Setting -->App and disable the ones that you don't need like I disabled apps from google like google drive, google music etc.
5) Disable WIFI or 3G data when you don't need it, disabling it for limited time when you don't need it will save a lot your battery's juice.
6) Also disable location(GPS) when you don't need it.

That's it guys, i followed the above steps and my phone had normal usage in 48 hr window like i played games for like 6 hrs,listened to music for 4 hrs, used net for 8 hrs and was on call for 2 hrs. But after 48 hrs there is still 10% battery left in my phone. So good luck and let me know if it works out for you.

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Good advice except number two. Clean Master and similar apps that clean up cache files and try to "manage" RAM do more harm than good. Android hasn't needed task killers like these in years. It is an OS that is perfectly capable of managing it's RAM and operations efficiently.

Clean Master was the first thing I uninstalled when I received my ZF2.

Posted via the Android Central App

dhotiram

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
100% agree. apps like clean master are security holes. Android allows you you kill tasks manually which is the most robust way. That's what makes android what it is. I like the Asus auto start manager. Keeps apps from running automatically.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d