How to resolve my internal memory problem?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

It is my Huawei p9 lite mini phone.

Very recently, after more or less normal functioning since the start, it keeps popping up the message all the time that the 'memory is almost full' and I need to click the message which redirects me to the phone manager to clean up some small amount of kb or mb to be able to coninue using the phone.
It is very irritating cause it is not possible to concentrate on anything since it is popping up all the time. After few seconds pause in between.

I have 64Gb sd card inside and moved everything possible on it from the internal memory. Uninstalled some apps. It worked fine for some time than it start happening again. Than I uninstalled almost every app, moved almost everything from the phone and after day or two it started again saying my memory is almost full.

I would like to know if there is a way to clean up the internal memory. I've tried many advices but none of them work here.
I didn't tried with resetting it up to factory settings yet if that would work anyway.

What's wrong with the phone, how can I not see what is it filed up with and be able to erase any unwanted tresh or whatever it is filled up more and more each day of me using it?

Thank you very much for any advice!
Z

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! That's an outdated budget phone that looks like it only came with 16 GB of internal storage. That's actually not much by today's standards, and it can get filled up very easily by only a few apps (especially since apps these days have been getting larger and larger). Most phones require apps to be installed to Internal Storage, so the SD card is really only useful for storage of files like photos, music, videos, etc. If the phone supports it, you could try formatting the card as Internal Storage (which is called Adoptable Storage), but we generally don't recommend this, since making the card part of Internal Storage can slow the overall performance, and also increase the risk for system crashes (since SD cards are much less reliable than onboard memory).

This is an old guide, but you can check it out for some tips on how to maximize what little Internal Storage you have: [GUIDE] Android Storage Memory and How to Deal with Insufficient Storage Warnings - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. Your best bet will likely be to upgrade your phone to one that has at least 64 GB of internal storage.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html