How to scan business cards to contacts

TeddyMan03

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
When I had a Note3 I could go to create new contact, take a photo of the business card and presto it gets populated.

I now have an S10+ and none of those options exist, despite one YouTube video saying it can still do it. So after at least 3 attempts of speaking to Samsung Live and 5 emails to Samsung Email (who reply with lock out emails so you cant reply directly) all of them give different answers.

Answers range from use Bixby to get Google Lense, one of them even said get a third party app.

So when I go to Bixby Vision, I put the camera to the card, it does a circle around the card and thats about it. I have an option to extract, but all it does it save it to internal memory nothing to contacts. I can tap on number or email to send a message, but no option for saving to contacts exist.

I bought the phone in Singapore and use it in Australia if that makes a difference.

Any help would be great.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When I had a Note3 I could go to create new contact, take a photo of the business card and presto it gets populated.

I now have an S10+ and none of those options exist, despite one YouTube video saying it can still do it. So after at least 3 attempts of speaking to Samsung Live and 5 emails to Samsung Email (who reply with lock out emails so you cant reply directly) all of them give different answers.

Answers range from use Bixby to get Google Lense, one of them even said get a third party app.

So when I go to Bixby Vision, I put the camera to the card, it does a circle around the card and thats about it. I have an option to extract, but all it does it save it to internal memory nothing to contacts. I can tap on number or email to send a message, but no option for saving to contacts exist.

I bought the phone in Singapore and use it in Australia if that makes a difference.

Any help would be great.

Bixby vision and from there download Adobe scan business card reader

Last edited:

Dooki

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
They removed the option awhile ago. What they give us now is a pale comparison.
Google Assistant works decently as does Microsoft lens, about the same as above. But none are as good as it used to be.

TeddyMan03

Apr 7, 2019
Visit site
OK so in other words Bixby doesnt do anything. It's the adobe scan app?
So rather than using Bixby Vision, switching to app and then taking a photo.

I just go to Adobe Scan and completely by-pass bixby.

I might as well just get a third party app thats better.

Thanks Mustang7757 for all your help, you solved something in one line that no one from Samsung could do after multiple attempts.

Cheers

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
OK so in other words Bixby doesnt do anything. It's the adobe scan app?
So rather than using Bixby Vision, switching to app and then taking a photo.

I just go to Adobe Scan and completely by-pass bixby.

I might as well just get a third party app thats better.

Thanks Mustang7757 for all your help, you solved something in one line that no one from Samsung could do after multiple attempts.

Cheers

Your welcome, you can down load other apps also but since you can get it through the Bixby vision in camera app makes it one less app to have to download and go into.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I have SnapBizCard app in my app folder. (Note 8 user here)

Don't know how I got it... doesn't seem to be downloaded from Google Play or in Samsung Store but I've used it once and it's simple and great. No menu or settings button to check to find "About" to find if it's from Samsung... but it feels it is. Preloaded on the Note 8?

Open app. Hit the '+' and opens the camera. You frame the card within the box in camera and it captures the card, populates all the info in your Contacts app waiting for you to verify the info and save. And it saves the pic of your card in the contact as the contact pic.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Update: looking in Apps in Settings... it says it was downloaded from Galaxy Store. but I don't see the app in the Store. I haven't resest/erased my phone since first day including updating to Oreo and Pie because it's been running so good without needing to. hmm, I wonder if I do erase my phone if I will lose the app.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Update: looking in Apps in Settings... it says it was downloaded from Galaxy Store. but I don't see the app in the Store. I haven't resest/erased my phone since first day including updating to Oreo and Pie because it's been running so good without needing to. hmm, I wonder if I do erase my phone if I will lose the app.

You will most likely lose it , possibly was carried over from. Back up at one point.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I'll have to look into how to backup apps on phone. Should be possible.

I did find the app on APKmirror if anyone wants to sideload and try it. The latest version they have avail is 4.3.23.8... The version showing on my Note 8 is 4.3.24.2. I'm gonna try and backup and keep my version in case I do decide to wipe one day.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/snapbizcard/snapbizcard-4-3-23-8-release/

You will most likely lose it , possibly was carried over from. Back up at one point.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I'll have to look into how to backup apps on phone. Should be possible.

I did find the app on APKmirror if anyone wants to sideload and try it. The latest version they have avail is 4.3.23.8... The version showing on my Note 8 is 4.3.24.2. I'm gonna try and backup and keep my version in case I do decide to wipe one day.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/samsung-electronics-co-ltd/snapbizcard/snapbizcard-4-3-23-8-release/

At least you have the APK for that app

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Just found it and thought I'd update this thread...

Silly how you can't go to Samsung Store and search SnapBizCard and find there own app but they do provide a business card reader for you to download.

So for those that want it, the way to get it... (at least on my Note 8) is by going to your App Folder and from there go to the 3 dots at the right of the search bar and go to Galaxy Essentials!

From there it will be one of the first apps listed. And it's been a great little program. Really silly they hide it and don't make it more available on the Store. (Note: I wanted to show my bud on his Note 9 because he wanted a biz card reader and it doesn't list in his Galaxy Essentials... hmm so different Essentials for different models :confused:)

At least you have the APK for that app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190503-122740_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20190503-122740_Samsung Experience Home.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_20190503-122751_Galaxy Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190503-122751_Galaxy Store.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Silly how you can't go to Samsung Store and search SnapBizCard and find there own app but they do provide a business card reader for you to download.

So for those that want it, the way to get it... (at least on my Note 8) is by going to your App Folder and from there go to the 3 dots at the right of the search bar and go to Galaxy Essentials!

From there it will be one of the first apps listed. And it's been a great little program. Really silly they hide it and don't make it more available on the Store. (Note: I wanted to show my bud on his Note 9 because he wanted a biz card reader and it doesn't list in his Galaxy Essentials... hmm so different Essentials for different models :confused:)

Not there on the Verizon S10 plus.

Pmwonge

May 30, 2019
Visit site

Any help would be great.

SNAPBIZCARD
on android pie, at the top of the app drawer, at search space, type snapbizcard it will appear, see the screen shot fro Note8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190530-210840_One UI Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20190530-210840_One UI Home.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 21

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site

Couldn't find it ?
Screenshot_20190530-150122_Galaxy Store.jpg