How to schedule my Android phone/devices to auto update at a specific time (like a pc)?

Karly Sorenson

Jul 27, 2017
Visit site
Hi. I decided to bullet point to save everyone time and boredom.

- Automatic updates on all my my devices are off.
-Automatic, Only on Wi-Fi & Turned off seem to be my only choices.
-I can only get satellite internet & none of them have any unlimited high-speed plans.
-I've got the largest plan they offer.
-Still data runs out early every month slowing speeds to a crawl.
-Unless it's done between 2-6 a.m, "using Wi-Fi only" squanders my limited data.
- I do want automatic updates. But only between 2 and 6 a.m. when it's "free".

Basically, is there a way I can schedule my updates (like my pc) for a specific time?
Thanks everyone.
Karly

anon(9602380)

Jan 7, 2016
Visit site
Hi. I decided to bullet point to save everyone time and boredom.

- Automatic updates on all my my devices are off.
-Automatic, Only on Wi-Fi & Turned off seem to be my only choices.
-I can only get satellite internet & none of them have any unlimited high-speed plans.
-I've got the largest plan they offer.
-Still data runs out early every month slowing speeds to a crawl.
-Unless it's done between 2-6 a.m, "using Wi-Fi only" squanders my limited data.
- I do want automatic updates. But only between 2 and 6 a.m. when it's "free".

Basically, is there a way I can schedule my updates (like my pc) for a specific time?
Thanks everyone.
Karly

Welcome to Android Central.

Yes you can schedule a specific time to do updates. Go to Settings>Software update>Scheduled software update and set the time you want the update done. Unfortunately you can only set a start time when you want it to begin. Not an ending time. Hope this helps you. Thanks.

Glenn Brown

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

Yes you can schedule a specific time to do updates. Go to Settings>Software update>Scheduled software update and set the time you want the update done. Unfortunately you can only set a start time when you want it to begin. Not an ending time. Hope this helps you. Thanks.
I believe they are talking about app updates which no longer gives you the option to delay or setup a time to update apps with now happen when ever

It's annoying to have a app stop working while you are using it like writing a email reply and it closes or freezes and you loose the message because it's updating
Or using Gmap and it stops responding in the middle of a trip because of a update

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I believe they are talking about app updates which no longer gives you the option to delay or setup a time to update apps with now happen when ever

It's annoying to have a app stop working while you are using it like writing a email reply and it closes or freezes and you loose the message because it's updating
Or using Gmap and it stops responding in the middle of a trip because of a update

Welcome to Android Central! You can still always turn off Auto-update Apps in the Play Store settings. Open the Play Store, tap your profile pic at the upper right, then Settings>Network Preference>Auto-Update Apps.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindaoliver