How to turn off battery fully charged notification?

sbudaj

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
After upgrading to KitKat there is a notification when the battery is fully charged. How do I turn it off?

Thanks.

Sent from my LG G2 with Tapatalk

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
After upgrading to KitKat there is a notification when the battery is fully charged. How do I turn it off?

Thanks.

Sent from my LG G2 with Tapatalk
Not in pure stock, actually JB had it as well from what I remember... Root with ioroot25, install Xposed framework, and G2 Xposed or G2 Tweakbox.

droidntn

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I want to know this too, unrooted
Mine says battery fully charged, unplug charger.
I've been off charge two hours. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AC Forums mobile app

tonibradley

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I just got an S5 and am having the same problem. I've had the phone for 2 weeks, and this didn't start to happen until a few days ago. Very annoying. And very frustrating trying to find a solution, especially when I found a posting that quoted a Samsung response saying it's just not possible to disable this. What I've just done - and it seems to be working - is to change Volume setting for System to the lowest level (i.e., no volume for System notifications). I don't know yet if there are notifications other than the battery fully charged one that I now will not have an audible alert. The alert that batter is fully charged is still listed on the notifications pull down, so any other System notification will be listed there as well.
Settings/Sound/Volume - then reduce volume for the System setting all the way to the left.

tonibradley

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE - The System volume has nothing to do with this problem. I did find what was causing my problem. It just started yesterday, 2 weeks after I got the phone. And the ONLY thing that was different is that I started using a generic AC charger that arrived yesterday. When I suspected it was the charger this morning, I switched back to the white Samsung charger that came with the phone - and when the battery was fully charged, there was no 'beep', just a notice on the notification list. Screen did not light up. So I suspect that the generic charger I had just received was overcharging the battery, and the phone must be designed not only to do an audible alert, but to keep repeating that audible and screen-on alert until the phone is unplugged.
I have the phone charging on the white cable/plug that came with it, and I have a spare for travel. That's the charger I used up until yesterday - and never had a problem. So I think this resolved my problem with the Battery Full alert - and I will update again if it turns out that my problem is not fixed.

Michael Backe

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 from Verizon and I have been experiencing similar issues with an audio message 'Battery Fully Charged' when the battery is 100% charged and the phone is still plugged into the wall charger. I called Samsung and they remote controlled into the phone via a Samsung app, but could not determine where this message originated, or how to disable this audio notification.

I decided to try and uninstall apps one at a time to see if I could find the source of this issue, and stumbled upon a Google Play Store app called 'Faster Charger'. This app, it appears, has a default setting to notify the user every 5 minutes when the battery is 100% charged. I uninstalled this app, and the notifications went away. I then re-installed the app, and as soon as I plugged in the charged and started the service, the messages came back immediately. I have uninstalled the app and do not intend to re-install it again.

Hope this helps!

Jason Gross2

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if that also then disables the super-fast USB3 charging we get on the S5. I *really* love how it can fully charge in about an hour.

I can't see how it would impact that, being software and all, but y'know. It's the Android landscape. We can't use our GPS unless we promise to let Google track the hell out of us while using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roth4796