How to unlink Google Calendar from Samsung Calendar?

Sep 17, 2017
Visit site
I use a number of shared Calendars on my Google account. I want to set up my S8 so that some calendars are visible on Google Calendar and others are visible on S Cal. However when I toggle a calendar's visibility in one app the behaviour is copied in the other app so both calendar apps end up showing the same information. The "manage calendars" setting seems to be a global setting... However it seems to me that I should be able to customize each calendar with different views! Anyone know how I can unlink the two? (They still need to Sync with the same Google account of course).

**I know this question was asked at least once before, however the OP found something else that worked for him and the main question was never solved.

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I use a number of shared Calendars on my Google account. I want to set up my S8 so that some calendars are visible on Google Calendar and others are visible on S Cal. However when I toggle a calendar's visibility in one app the behaviour is copied in the other app so both calendar apps end up showing the same information. The "manage calendars" setting seems to be a global setting... However it seems to me that I should be able to customize each calendar with different views! Anyone know how I can unlink the two? (They still need to Sync with the same Google account of course).

**I know this question was asked at least once before, however the OP found something else that worked for him and the main question was never solved.

Anyone get a fix for this? Been looking around but no answer as yet.

Rjf1605

Sep 1, 2019
Visit site
Go into settings and apps, go into samsung calendar app page, permissions, remove permissions to calendar. App will no longer function but at least wont have the same google calendar in two apps. Working for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotifyWord