HTC aria and GPS

madxmac771

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
I am looking into getting the aria to replace my old POS LG Xenon.

I am a bit put off that I will have to replace my ATT unlimited data plan with their new 2g data plan, but thats not that big of a deal.

My concern lies in the GPS. I have had problems with the ATT telenav on my Xenon and would like to avoid using it on the Aria if I get it. I have heard that the Aria has built in GPS programs that would mean I would not have to use the ATT Telenav software. Does this also mean that I will not have to pay for the GPS package from ATT ($10 mo.)? If so this would be great news.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The Aria comes with Google Maps, which does the same thing (if not more) for free. It still has AT&T's software of course, but you can just dump it off the homescreen and ignore it (you may be prompted to choose the default gps program or something like that...I vaguely remember that, but I'm not sure what I was doing at the time).

bikedogrun

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
I am looking into getting the aria to replace my old POS LG Xenon.

I am a bit put off that I will have to replace my ATT unlimited data plan with their new 2g data plan, but thats not that big of a deal.

My concern lies in the GPS. I have had problems with the ATT telenav on my Xenon and would like to avoid using it on the Aria if I get it. I have heard that the Aria has built in GPS programs that would mean I would not have to use the ATT Telenav software. Does this also mean that I will not have to pay for the GPS package from ATT ($10 mo.)? If so this would be great news.
Yes, Google Maps is free on the Aria (and Android 1.6 +) and it now also has separate application icons for both Navigate and Places. All of this works very fast and really well on the Aria.

/BD :cool:

RocketRay

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

While I was getting my Aria I asked the guy if I keep my unlimited data plan and he said yes, you're grandfathered in. You should check again.

REDDEVILVS

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
While I was getting my Aria I asked the guy if I keep my unlimited data plan and he said yes, you're grandfathered in. You should check again.

Just wondering if you came from an unlimited data plan like I did on my old Non Smartphone Samsung Eternity......lost the unlimted now...pissed...but love Android and the Aria !!

thejdubb02

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
To keep your unlimited plan, you must have a PDA data unlimited plan. The person in the posts above, was able to keep his data plan for 1 of two reasons:

1. He had a PDA data plan of some sort before or

2. He had a rep who didn't completely understand the policy and what the requirements were to keep the $30 unlimited plan where.

When we say you are grandfathered into the $30 unlimited plan, that doesn't mean you have a $10/$15 unlimited plan for your non smart phone so we are going to upgrade you to a $30 plan that we no longer carry anymore and give you a phone that is going to use more bandwidth on the network.

Just letting you know not to expect to get the same treatment.

- Justin (AT&T Rep ;) )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201