HTC digital clock with temp widget question

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I get a perfect lock indoors but I have also tried refreshing outdoors after locking on location. It still won't say the name of my town. One town over works fine.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with HTC and they claim the next Rom update will fix known weather widget location problems. He did mention they are aware.of lots.of.problems so I said, How about a.free update to your new.Vigor?" Oh well, it was worth a try! Lol

rayjr13

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got off the phone with HTC and they claim the next Rom update will fix known weather widget location problems. He did mention they are aware.of lots.of.problems so I said, How about a.free update to your new.Vigor?" Oh well, it was worth a try! Lol
Just be glad their troubleshooting suggestion wasn't to move to more recognizable town, like the next one over.

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
It's been a while since I've traveled with my Thunderbolt. But, now that I think about the last few times, I do remember the weather app displaying "Current location" sometimes when I was out in a very rural area. So, don't know if that speaks to a database limitation of where the app pulls its information from or just how it works when triangulating your position when only Google location services are enabled (if it only picks up one tower that doesn't report location properly or some other limitation or bug).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45