HTC Evo Restart Problem?

ninjaizzi

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I restarted my phone because it was becoming a little laggy and I thought it'd be good to just give it a good restart like I do every once in a while. I pressed the Power button and selected "Restart", and confirmed. The system was in the process of shutting down, the touch buttons disabled, but their lights did not shut off. The screen is still on and not completely black, but does not show anything. It has been a good 15 minutes I've been waiting for the phone to fully shut down to restart. This has happened to me before and I simply just hold down the power button and wait. It usually goes black and, well, restarts. But that hasn't worked. I've held the button for 10 seconds+ and it STILL hasn't shut down. Please, I need help now. It's nearly midnight here and I want to go to sleep knowing my EVO is fine and not fried. I haven't downloaded anything recently besides a quite buggy CNN app that I haven't used in days, and have successfully shut down with it installed. Even during the 5-10 minutes it took me to type this post, it still hasn't shut down. I'm freaking out here.

adamhos

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yea pull the battery
When you reboot, go to settings / power and make sure fastboot is disabled

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk