HTC Frustration over Gingerbread

ses020570#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I sent a message to HTC regarding the release of Gingerbread for the Thunderbolt and thought I would share the response I received.... notice the one line in particular - "when or IF the Thunderbolt will receive Gingerbread....." - just sharing.....

Thank you for taking the time to contact HTC, Sean. We will gladly assist you with your inquiry regarding the Gingerbread update for the HTC Thunderbolt.

Currently, we do not have any information regarding when or if the Gingerbread update will be available for the Thunderbolt. We urge you to keep an eye on our official website, our official social media outlets(Facebook and Twitter), and your carrier's website for any future announcements regarding this.

Before releasing a ROM update, we have to be sure that the software is going to work properly with the device hardware such as the processor, and on your carrier?s network. The ROM upgrades are usually only created once we have received a request to do so from the carrier who provided the phone for resale.

The testing of a ROM upgrade also takes some time, but will result in an update that is optimized to work on your device and on your carrier?s network. While we want to release software as soon as we can, we will only do so once the software has passed our quality standards. Once the update is completed, we then either provide it to the carrier who will distribute the update to their customers, usually over the air and occasionally by means of download, or it may be posted for download from the HTC website or PCD Phones Website.

We apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this has caused, Sean. If you require further support, keep in mind that we are here to answer any technical questions or concerns you may have between 6am to 1am EDST, 7 days a week for your convenience, or by phone at 1-866-449-8358. You may also visit us at HTC Mobile Phones - Product Support - Smartphones Help for further assistance, tips, user guides, and forums.

aplittle

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't like that whole if thing. I guess they have to stay vague with responses just incase something goes wrong with the testing. All-in-all, I have to say BLAH!!

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
haha i got the same word for word response when i sent them an email of why in the world could a thunderbolt could not run sense 3.0 if i could run a rom that did it.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Garbage, it WILL come but it is Verizon and not HTC that is slowing it down. That is a pre-packaged message sent out from an automated email response server that handles FAQ's.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I always lol at these threads. They'd probably need to be institutionalized if they owned a Samsung Android device.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
i also agree that the fault is on verizon end. but look at the evo 4g i rather them get it right then have the issue that the evo4g is going through

Yup so right an look at the Tbolts lil brother whinin because the gingerbread cookie was to hot from the oven.

People need let the Software guys work out the bugs, do you like some one rushing you on the job? No
And besides is Froyo that bad ? No Is your phone awesome? Yes Is someone gonna comment on this post whining that they have had problems an they know GB will fix em plus they want video chat ? Yes and I already got your answer, Pull up your pants like a big boy or girl. It'll will be out when its out and you will still be complaining because now its not just like the things you wanted from preOTA. So what just root

Reactions: morbidz

yodatom10

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yup so right an look at the Tbolts lil brother whinin because the gingerbread cookie was to hot from the oven.

People need let the Software guys work out the bugs, do you like some one rushing you on the job? No
And besides is Froyo that bad ? No Is your phone awesome? Yes Is someone gonna comment on this post whining that they have had problems an they know GB will fix em plus they want video chat ? Yes and I already got your answer, Pull up your pants like a big boy or girl. It'll will be out when its out and you will still be complaining because now its not just like the things you wanted from preOTA. So what just root

Very well said. +1

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

android06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site

netflix needs gb.. if they can make netflix work on froyo.. then i wont even give a crap about gb

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Why is everyone so upset by not having a 10 month old operating system pushed to their phones? Shouldn't you be more worried about never getting Ice cream sandwich on your phone?

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Why is everyone so upset by not having a 10 month old operating system pushed to their phones? Shouldn't you be more worried about never getting Ice cream sandwich on your phone?

:D Now that was funny.

No idea why anyone would bother HTC or VZW. You are going to get a canned answer that means next to nothing.

ses020570#AC

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Man - a person just tries to post some information and so many just rip on what was posted. I thought this forum was supposed to be congenial and informative. Rather, I find it is oft times a place to get bashed because of what one posts. Fail.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The post is just a canned response from HTC with nothing definitive. It isn't the first and won't be the last but similar messages have been posted since the Thunderbolt's release

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Man - a person just tries to post some information and so many just rip on what was posted. I thought this forum was supposed to be congenial and informative. Rather, I find it is oft times a place to get bashed because of what one posts. Fail.
No rip were just seasoned an hardened by now. Im like shoe leather, just go ahead an kick me in the jimmy ;)

Mike_is_Mike

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Lets face it, the Thunderbolt is an old phone and HTC / Verizon really have better things to do with there time than trying to prop up this old worn out has been.

HTC cranks out new phone every couple months, some of them work fine, some don't. They can't be bothered trying to fix some four month old piece of junk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod