[HTC One M8] Calls by bluetooth on Android 5.0.1

kriss145

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Hello

I hope so that you had problem before.

I use HTC Car stereo clip on my car to send sound by bluetooth to spekaers. Music works great but not for calls. Sounds during talks are from phone speakers instead cars.

Can you have fix for this? I want do it with my phone simple speakerphone.

Maybe I must install any apps or this is problem version android?

Thanks and I wait for the help :)

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Are you using an aftermarket Bluetooth adaptor to feed into the stereo? Some of them only do media and don't handle calls. The first thing you should do is check the manual of whatever is accepting the Bluetooth connection (either the stereo, or adaptor if you're using one) to see if it is designed to handle calls. There's different protocols that can use Bluetooth, and simply having a "Bluetooth compatible" type label doesn't mean it'll accept all protocols.

If you've verified call capabilities on the stereo side, go into the Bluetooth settings of the phone and then the settings for the radio/adaptor pairing. In it you'll see an option for media and possibly calls. If the calls option isn't checked, that means the phone isn't using that protocol with that pairing. Checking the box should fix this, but may require resetting the connection to take effect. If that option isn't even listed, that means the device it's paired to isn't capable of handling calls and I don't think there's any way around it other than to replace the stereo/Bluetooth adaptor with one made for calls too.

kriss145

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Thank you Mooncatt.

I wrote. I use only HTC Car stereo clip. I'm connected via bluetooth. When I click on settings after paring that I see option only to send media.
I don't see anyting with calls on my phone.

This is stupid. We can send music but not calls.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth has become quite common to stream music only. I looked up the device since I haven't heard of it before and the Amazon description was clear that it was only for music. I tried something similar before that was music only (trying to listen to SiriusXM tuner but car stereo didn't have an AUX port). Those devices have their place but you need to find one for calls too. I personally don't like calls through the stereo and use a high quality Bluetooth headset instead. I tried it once before on a stereo and the quality was poor at best. I didn't like the sound and I was barely audible to the other person. That's my limited experience with them, so I don't know which would be a good one to suggest.