HTC One - Volume too loud when listening to music using earphones

maldor

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Just got my phone today and still playing around with it.
One thing that surprise me in a not very pleasant way was how loud the volume is when you are listening to music using the earphone.
Even at the lowest volume it is still too loud for me to comfortably listen to.
I tried listening for 15 minutes and stopped, my ears were ringing for a bit after that.

I tried using "Music Volume EQ" as recommended by someone having the same problem but it didnt do anything to me. The EQ seems to have no effect whatsoever.

Any other suggestion to fix this ?

aapep6

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
One thing that surprise me in a not very pleasant way was how loud the volume is when you are listening to music using the earphone.
I tried listening for 15 minutes and stopped, my ears were ringing for a bit after that.

I tried using "Music Volume EQ" as recommended by someone having the same problem but it didnt do anything to me. The EQ seems to have no effect whatsoever.

Have had the same problem...
Volume isn't so bad when out and about, but I like to use headphones while going to sleep. Lowest option is just too much to be of any use helping to drift off.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
How can the lowest sound option be too loud? The lowest option is mute? Go up incrementally from there, try manually or via the volume rocker.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe hearing aid option is on. This puts the phone at max volume. But not sure when listening to music.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
How can the lowest sound option be too loud? The lowest option is mute? Go up incrementally from there, try manually or via the volume rocker.

I think it's pretty obvious he means the lowest option other than mute.

I notice the same thing on Bluetooth calls. The lowest setting often is almost like being yelled at.

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I think it's pretty obvious he means the lowest option other than mute.

I notice the same thing on Bluetooth calls. The lowest setting often is almost like being yelled at.

See now I have the opposite problem. When I use BT for music it's loud! But when I use it for calls, it automatically adjusts the volume to half volume making it hard to hear the other person. I have to manually kick up the volume on the BT....every time I get a call.

bbasra

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I also find the lowest volume position (not mute or off) too loud. I have really sensitive ears and every ones music tolerance is different.

I purchased power amp. There's a setting called preamp. Turn that right down. There's also a trial version you can play with first.

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
What side on the ones packaged headphones are right and which are left? My markings came off. It's driving me crazy.

ron po

May 15, 2015
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bruno1099