HTC One Won't Boot Into TWRP Recovery

apexnine

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
[MY FIX]

I downloaded the rom I wanted. I then used the link that follows this paragraph to download a program that would run the scripts for me to install recovery and side-load. I only did this because the recovery hangs (remember that is part of the problem in this thread) and then the phone freezes on the HTC logo. The program was able to put either recovery tool I wanted on to the phone; I used Clockwork Mod, because TWRP was giving me side-load problems. I then successfully side-loaded the ROM file on to my phone. After this I was able to install the OS and am back up and running.

- link to forum and program: |TOOL| HTC One Toolkit [M7] ? v3.1.2 - xda-developers

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
[MY FIX]

I downloaded the rom I wanted. I then used the link that follows this paragraph to download a program that would run the scripts for me to install recovery and side-load. I only did this because the recovery hangs (remember that is part of the problem in this thread) and then the phone freezes on the HTC logo. The program was able to put either recovery tool I wanted on to the phone; I used Clockwork Mod, because TWRP was giving me side-load problems. I then successfully side-loaded the ROM file on to my phone. After this I was able to install the OS and am back up and running.

- link to forum and program: |TOOL| HTC One Toolkit [M7] • v3.1.2 - xda-developers

What ROM did you decide on? :)

jarrett012313

May 7, 2014
Visit site
i have a htc one mini that ive been trying to root i unlocked the bootloader it say tampered unlocked
my hboot is 2.19 and s-on everytime i try to go into recovery it just reboots i cant get passed it no matter what i do can anyone help ? i have a unlocked international htc one i think the reason i dont know is because it has at&t stock apps on it please help also i have no model number it just says htc one mini where the number should be

sarink87

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Disclaimer: Apparently for some terrible reason (probably a kludge to prevent spammers, pretty bad/lazy solution imo) "new users" can't post links.

I struggled with this for hours. I'm pretty sure it's because if you have Sprint you use a different recovery img file, it seems.

I finally got it working by following these instructions: I can't post the real link, google this "unlock-bootloader-root-your-htc-one-running-android-4-4-2-kitkat-0151186"

The only notable step is to download use this as your img: I can't post the real link, go to the techerrata site, and find: "openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.0-m7wls.img"

Hope it helps someone, because I was ready to go outside and throw this phone into a lake

raucousrimo

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem with my Sprint HTC one max... I was flashing the wrong recovery, so make absolutely sure it is the right recovery for your phone...

20twins10

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem with my Sprint HTC one max... I was flashing the wrong recovery, so make absolutely sure it is the right recovery for your phone...

i agree to this.. just got my one s(4) all the guides i seen for it had older recoveries. twrp 2630 was mentioned alot, i wound up using a 2712 img and it worked..

Razeem Mohammed

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
thanks boss....i was totally frustrated with my frnds htc with this problem ,, mine didnt show any hangovers,and i DOWNLOADED THE FILE YOU SAID AND ITS WORKING THANKS ONCE AGAIN

vladax

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
After flashing new firmware I was unable to launch the TWRP. The message Entering recovery... was displayed and then the FastBoot was launched. The solution to the problem was to apply the SuperCID:

fastboot oem writecid 11111111

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
After flashing new firmware I was unable to launch the TWRP. The message Entering recovery... was displayed and then the FastBoot was launched. The solution to the problem was to apply the SuperCID:

fastboot oem writecid 11111111

Be careful of SuperCID because it will allow you to flash the wrong firmware to your phone. Its not recommended unless you fully understand what you ar doing

Crusoevile

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
I've been experiencing the same problem, kindly please share how you figured it out. Am running on HTC One Max. Thanks. Also, my fingerprint sensor stopped working, can I find a solution to that?