HTC Sense Home on M8

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
It's great that HTC is doing this. We're getting a good taste of Sense 7 before we actually get it. Hopefully they're going to update all their apps soon.

It's a little bit annoying that the lock screen clock is italicized, but we still have the old non-italicized widget. I think that'll be coming in an update to HTC Weather though.

Hmm, my lock screen clock is the same one it's always been, it matches the widget. It'll show the italicized lock clock if the alarm goes off but it'll default right back to the old one after that.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
You may not have updated the app yet...

HTC Sense Home has been updated, along with HTC Clock. In fact I started seeing the Sense 7 style clock on the lock screen when the alarm goes off after the HTC Clock update. It's probably just a glitch or bug that will shortly be fixed since (hopefully) AT&T will do the 5.0/Sense 7 update Monday.

Plus I won't have the phone past the end of the week so meh. :p

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
HTC Sense Home has been updated, along with HTC Clock. In fact I started seeing the Sense 7 style clock on the lock screen when the alarm goes off after the HTC Clock update. It's probably just a glitch or bug that will shortly be fixed since (hopefully) AT&T will do the 5.0/Sense 7 update Monday.

Plus I won't have the phone past the end of the week so meh. :p

The HTC Lock Screen "app" in the Play Store is what got updated and will change your lock screen. It may still be rolling out, and you may not have received it yet.

Also, I don't think AT&T will be rolling out Sense 7 anytime soon considering the Dev Edition/Unlocked M8's haven't even gotten Sense 7 yet. I think it'll be the same update to 5.0.1 (still with Sense 6) that everyone else has received.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I was hoping the themer would change the colors of the music app.. But it doesn't :(

Second bummer is that each theme (well, I didn't really try all of 'em) also changes the color of the Blinkfeed background to match the basic color palette of the theme image. Sometimes that change makes reading the BF teasers downright painful. Each theme I tried to apply changed the BF background color to a sort of "hot" pastel tone that swallowed up the white text on top of it, so I'm sticking with the default theme and my own wallpaper for now.

It'll be nice if the step up to Sense 7 allows users to override the themer's color picker, but that may be hoping for too much from a free app.

KimKaosDK

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I cant find that Theme-stuff

I want to chance my background (on the app´s page) from the new (disgusting) blue back to black - can you (or someone) give me a step by step how to

rochaedkj

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Go to HTC theme builder ...themes.htc.com/#/landinhttps
Choose your backgrounds for apps and see a preview, make sure to update your HTC apps and you should see some changes. Until we get Sense 7 we will see everything run smoothly.
Make sure you log in with your HTC account both on web page and phone.

Hope this helps.

KimKaosDK

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Go to HTC theme builder ...themes.htc.com/#/landinhttps
Choose your backgrounds for apps and see a preview, make sure to update your HTC apps and you should see some changes. Until we get Sense 7 we will see everything run smoothly.
Make sure you log in with your HTC account both on web page and phone.

Hope this helps.

Yeah I found it - But I also found something called Themer and they have a almost black background - But the link you gave works for me and I could design a 100% black bagground for my apps and a new frontpage - nice.

But Im still mad that they chance my black background - I hate when that happens

Last edited:

KimKaosDK

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have maked a extra copy on the net - I published mine so now I can always find them

But you can find them at: //themes.htc.com/#/user when you are logged in

Last edited:

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just checked an "Android" folder using File Manager. Try this string, and see if that gets you what you're looking for:

Apps>File Manager>Android>data>com.htc.launcher>files

I have three folders there named "CustomTheme," "downloads," and "LocalTheme." Only the last one has any contents.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captain Fluellen