HTC Thunderbolt or...???

brucipher

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello forum people! I am new to this forum and am seeking some advice.

I am currently due for an upgrade and am torn about what to do. I've been doing my research, and the Thunderbolt is very appealing, but I wonder if I should wait for one of the dual core processor phones.

I currently have a Palm Pre Plus. I love WebOS, but HP/Palm's decision to NOT update the older phones to WebOS 2.0 after months of saying they would has pushed me to jump ship. This will be my 1st Android phone, so it is a big decision (and I will be locked into the phone for 20 months with Verizon).

I am anxious and ready to be rid of my Palm Pre Plus, but do I dive in with the Thunderbolt, or wait for something else??? Will I be happy with the Thunderbolt for 20 months?

(as a side note, I am NOT in a 4G area, do not do much gaming on my phone, and do not foresee watching many HD videos on the phone)

THANKS!

I am Fake Jesus

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
the thunderbolt is a great option, not just because im also getting one. but you dont have to wait much longer for it, if your in a 4g area you can get fast speeds. dual core isnt optimized yet. but maybe a 2.4 update for dual core in april is rumored. unless your gaming heavily i wouldnt worry about dual core right now. an also pricing for 4g is rumored to stay the same as 3g for now. so id rather get locked into a unlimited plan than get stuck with a capped data plan. an ill take the t-bolt over bionic anyday

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello forum people! I am new to this forum and am seeking some advice.

I am currently due for an upgrade and am torn about what to do. I've been doing my research, and the Thunderbolt is very appealing, but I wonder if I should wait for one of the dual core processor phones.

I currently have a Palm Pre Plus. I love WebOS, but HP/Palm's decision to NOT update the older phones to WebOS 2.0 after months of saying they would has pushed me to jump ship. This will be my 1st Android phone, so it is a big decision (and I will be locked into the phone for 20 months with Verizon).

I am anxious and ready to be rid of my Palm Pre Plus, but do I dive in with the Thunderbolt, or wait for something else??? Will I be happy with the Thunderbolt for 20 months?

(as a side note, I am NOT in a 4G area, do not do much gaming on my phone, and do not foresee watching many HD videos on the phone)

THANKS!

The good thing about Best Buy's buy back plan is that it's free right now, so if you buy the Thunderbolt from Best Buy with a two year contract, you would be able to sell it back to Best Buy for credit on one of the dual-core phones when they get released. That's my plan anyway if when the Thunderbolt gets rooted there aren't any LTE compatible roms.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
You could buy the T-Bolt and wait for the Pre 3 in the summer if you wanted to stick with webOS. If you don't want to get the hassle of selling your phone you could go through Best Buy's Buy-back program.

Edwill86

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Buying your phone at Verizon allows you to get a 1 year contract for a little more money if you are not sure about the phone, but it would be hard to believe that you could dislike this device though :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yusufdontk