Hungry Slimes [FREE][2.2+]

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: [FREE][GAME] Hungry Slimes

I think the more cartoony the better, I'm thinkin number two. Can't hurt to go with it for a while. That seems to be what catches peoples attention. Also, you could consider giving them eyes to make them seem more realistic.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

No updates for this weekend. However I would like to ask your opinion about the menu graphics of the upcoming version:

Screenshot_2012-11-17-02-04-47.png Screenshot_2012-11-17-02-01-16.png

The logo is now cartoony and the overall graphics are bright and sharp. I will upload this next weekend (most probably).

Last edited:

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

No updates for this weekend. However I would like to ask your opinion about the menu graphics of the upcoming version:

View attachment 46855 View attachment 46856

The logo is now cartoony and the overall graphics are bright and sharp. I will upload this next weekend (most probably).

Go into advanced and upload the pic again, it didn't work.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Oh I actually needed to add the uploaded pictures to attachments. I thought uploading alone was enough. It is showing now :)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Wow, that looks great!! The only thing I can suggest is that you make the slimes look a little more cartoony, though I'm sure that'd be a lot of work. It's just that, that usually draws my attention to a game. I mean, your guys look really cool and unique, was just a thought. But, it definitely looks good.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Wow, that looks great!! The only thing I can suggest is that you make the slimes look a little more cartoony, though I'm sure that'd be a lot of work. It's just that, that usually draws my attention to a game. I mean, your guys look really cool and unique, was just a thought. But, it definitely looks good.

Thanks! Making them just a little more cartoony was not a big deal. This week I have been working on perfecting every single bit of the user interface and I am almost done. All menus are now scroll-based, how-to-play animations are back to a separate screen with an option to disable, and in-game indicators are super-intuitive. Here is a screenshot from the game (notice the blinking TAP when you have an active instant power-up):

Screenshot_2012-11-22-16-42-10.png

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Lookin good!! I look forward to the update. When do you think it will be available?

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm travelling right now. Otherwise I would have put it tonight. I will be back by the end of Sunday. So I guess Sunday or Monday :)

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Very cool, I look forward to it. Will try and remember to post feedback for you.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Hungry Slimes is updated to version 1.8.1. Please let me know of any bugs. The focus of this version is mostly on appearance.

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Hungry Slimes is updated to version 1.8.1. Please let me know of any bugs. The focus of this version is mostly on appearance.

Cool. I'll give it a play when I have some time and let you know what I think.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Version 1.8.3 is up with the following changes:

- Stretched slime disappearance bug fixed
- Music no longer plays in the lock screen

I have just tested it on Sensation S. I would appreciate if someone tries it with a different phone. If you have any trouble running it on your device, please let me know.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to pop this post up again, but I really need help. I currently don't have an android 2.2 device in hand to test the game and I think the game might have problems according to admob and download statistics (not sure though). Could somebody with such phone please try and let me know if the game runs without crash? Thanks!

Devinator

Sūpā Saiya-jin Fō
Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Hungry Slimes [GAME] - Need to test it on Android 2.2

Don't apologize for bumping. Forum rules say it's legit once per day.

If I was on 2.2 I'd help you, but, I'm not on that version on any device.

Sorry that I can't help, but, this is another bump. :p

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Don't apologize for bumping. Forum rules say it's legit once per day.

If I was on 2.2 I'd help you, but, I'm not on that version on any device.

Sorry that I can't help, but, this is another bump. :p

I have a Viewsonic G-Tablet loaded with a Froyo ROM. Haven't even started it up in nearly a year. I'll dig it out over the weekend and try it out.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Thanks Devin, NotJustAPhone!

Last night I slept into an idea of a new game mode. I am going to make it before Christmas and upload it as a Christmas gift to the users! So the next version will have the following changes for sure:

- Time Challenge mode will be free and unpaid
- Those who have already unlocked Time Challenge mode, their unlock will be transfered to the new Star Hunt mode
- Others have to pay a bit more to unlock Star Hunt mode

Screenshot_2012-12-01-14-45-01.png

How it is going to work:

This mode is an advance mode and is more stressful even than Survival mode. I have finished the basics today and just need some tuning. I have played and it is really mind-twisting in the beginning. That's why I will give away Time Challenge mode which is a relaxing mode not to piss off too much audience. In Star Hunt, each time you kill multiple slimes (even two at a time), a star will float in place. You have to hit stars with your charged slime to get them. Stars clear each level, so to earn them you need to keep at least one slime in the scene.
Each star does give you an extra point, but it's more essential than that to collect them. Because each level that passes costs you one star, and each slime that reaches the bottom, instead of time penalty in Time Challenge and fault point penalty in Survival, costs you 2 (or more, I have to think it out) stars in this mode. You start with 10 stars. Zero stars is game over! So you must keep them above zero. So the challenge goes beyond just stopping slimes. You should earn stars too if you want to continue.

Other stuff:

There will be also one or two achievements related to this game mode (collecting 50 stars for example), and of course high scores will have three categories. The normal score system will be scaled to double for every game mode. In Star Hunt mode, you will receive an extra point each time you hit a star and this makes the scores bigger than the other two modes.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited:

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Hungry Slimes is updated to version 1.9 (by mistake!) The new features include:

• Star Hunt game mode
  • New levels and achievements
  • Time Challenge is now unlocked for everyone
  • Time Challenge unlock will be transferred to Star Hunt
  • Serious performance upgrades and bug fixes!

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

I have launched a very quick update (should be live in an hour or two). The reason for this update was a good comment I received from one of the players. The dotted line that shows the direction of movement when you stretch the slime was previously a fixed straight line. It is now following the real physics of the game. So, you will have a better idea of where your slime ball will go when you release it and should make it easier to target.

annahid

Sep 2, 2012
Visit site

Version 1.9.4 of the game is up with amazing new features:

- Time-warp power-up added. Tap to slow-down the game!
- Power-ups are now earned in a progressive fashion.
- Crashes in version 1.9.2 fixed.
- Game stage now loads faster and it is interactive.
- You can now skip at least 5 levels that you have already completed (all levels will initially be undiscovered in the updated game).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky