I can't delete photos from phone (device itself) without deleting photos from cloud first?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have followed every single instruction I can find on google about this issue and nothing is working!! My Galaxy J7 Crown broke and I need to get photos off it (device only) before factory resetting, but they won't delete without deleting from the Samsung cloud too. They are showing the cloud with the check mark in the upper right corner of each pic so I know they are backed up. Thank you

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If they are on the cloud, you don't really need to delete them from the device. Just factory reset as normal, and log in to your account from the new phone and download them if needed.

If you still think you must delete them first, use a third party gallery app that has no ties with your cloud services.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How broken is the phone? Is it only the screen, and you know the phone is still working? Or does it not even power on?

If you can't even power the phone on, then there's no way to get the photos off the local internal storage short of smashing the phone to bits, or getting it repaired.

In the future, you may want to consider backing your photos up to Google Photos instead. The interface is very easy, and you can automatically delete all locally saved pics that Google Photos knows it already backed up to the cloud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174