Question I damaged an older Samsung.

Martin1711

May 30, 2023
Visit site
I damaged my older Samsung a20e and I don't know what to do.

As an amateur, I looked at various instructions on how to flash Firmware, as a result I downloaded more than one Firmware for a20e (O2C, which is correct in my case) and flashed it via Odin.

Unfortunately, I did it without making a backup because I am an amateur who got into something I had no business with.

Everything seemed fine, Odin wrote: Pass

But it isn't as it only loads the Samsung logo and keeps restarting.

After a while it throws me android recovery (if I don't go there myself) with the message: Can’t Load Android System Your Data May Be Corrupt

It offers me a factory data reset, but then nothing happens.

I somehow got to the normal android recovery menu, but even after deleting all the data, cache and trying to reboot it is still the same.

I will be glad if there is someone who can help me.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You're going to have to make absolutely sure you have the correct firmware for your device, redownload and verify the file and then reflash it. If you have the correct file it should work.

I don't really know much about Odin flashing to be honest, so if you don't have any luck you will have to wait until @mustang7757 is around.

Martin1711

May 30, 2023
Visit site
I also tried Smart Switch (because the phone asked me to) which did nothing, which is why I chose Odin. Just to add that the last firmware I used was downloaded without problems via SamFirm. Maybe the problem will be that I used automatic mode and not manual, but I don't know how to get the pda, csc, phone code in this state. The problem is that at the moment I have a problem even getting into Download.

Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I'll wait until someone appears who might know something about it.
Just to be clear, I do know a bit about flashing in general, I've just never used Odin myself. The advice I gave is sound.

Most people use Frija rather than samfirm I think, maybe you would have more luck with that. My guess is that you didn't select all of the firmware files necessary to flash, and have essentially erased the system partition or you've just downloaded incorrect files.

As for your CSC code, that should be easy to figure out as long as you are confident you know which country and carrier variant you have..

Last edited:
Reactions: Laura Knotek

Martin1711

May 30, 2023
Visit site
I meant SamFirm when used manually. I used auto instead manual. I used this Firmware (and i tried another one too) and the android can't load.

Attachments

• Screenshot_11.png
    Screenshot_11.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 9

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I meant SamFirm when used manually. I used auto instead manual. I used this Firmware (and i tried another one too) and the android can't load.
Welcome to AC!
Frija is a successor to samfirm, so use Frija and pyr your model number and CSC in Frija to download your current firmware and flash.

Make sure to use the 4 slots in Odin with correct 4 files of the firmware
BL FILE TO ODIN BL
AP FILE TO ODIN AP
CP FILE TO ODIN CP
HOME CSC FILE TO ODIN CSC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d