I deleted the OS

AndrewRC123

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Basically I formatted my phone and lost the OS. I was running CyanogenMod 10 but I wanted to go back to stock android and then ended up formatting the phone and deleting the OS. My phone does appear to be recognised by my computer and I can add different recovery images to my phone through the terminal on my mac but I'm not sure if I can install the OS again? If I try and boot up my phone it just gets stuck on the Google logo but I can get on recovery mode. Does anyone know what to do?

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Get your computer to recognize the device and use the images to restore it....might try a toolkit to restore it and get the drivers installed right

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried the Nexus Root Toolkit by WugFresh???

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Ouch!!! Looks like his website is down right now, but keep trying... WugFresh has his site back online. :)

There is a very good driver repair section in the toolkit after you download/install on your computer and it will help you factory flash afterwards.

Last edited:

akber_online

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
i got gfive g9 president and iv accidentally deleted my os in twrp recovery :( i have a compatible custom rom what i need to install in it , but the problem is now my cell is not in recovery mode and i cant even get it into it :'( need help

acejavelin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
i got gfive g9 president and iv accidentally deleted my os in twrp recovery :( i have a compatible custom rom what i need to install in it , but the problem is now my cell is not in recovery mode and i cant even get it into it :'( need help
You can always get to TWRP if you can get into Fastboot mode, just copy the recovery.img file from the TWRP zip into your adb/fastboot folder and use:

fastboot boot recovery.img

or to restore TWRP use:

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Just replace "recovery.img" with the name of the .img file in the TWRP zip, it might be that or something something similar.

Kevin4234

Jun 7, 2016
Visit site
Please help I have deleted my os by accident and I tried using the tool but it still tells me the device haven't been detected and I'm using the nexus 4. When I turn it on it just stays on google. I can go to bootloader but I tried doing that but the tool doesn't detects it. Please help