I finally got samsunged

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Samsung always pushes an update that just completely tanks a device for me. At that point I am literally done with it and looking at how I can rid myself of that device.

My battery life after this last update dropped to 35% battery life left with 1.5 hours of sot at the end of the day. This is just freaking ridiculous, I was at around 35% battery life with 3 hours of sot before this last update.

I really want to use android as it is my preference but it's hard when garbage updates ruin phones. Then it takes 2 months for you carrier to push an update.

Is there an actual way to track services not just apps using battery. Since samsungs battery doesn't actually tell you anything about services using the battery. The battery tracker in good gaurdian is as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

Literally the last samsung device I will ever own. That makes me sad because I really love this phone. Its 2021 and it's still not possible to do proper testing and put out quality software.

It's been fun hanging back in the android camp. Unless the pixel 6 is more than a midrange back to ios. At least with ios I don't have to wait for garbage carriers to push updates.

I could always do unlocked, since I switch every 6-12 months that would get massively expensive. I don't trust samsungs trade in program. I did with my apple watch for the galaxy watch 3. I am sure they will try and find something wrong with a mint watch. I will find out soon enough on that one.

For those who are curious, I have the s21 5g with tmobile. After this last update I did run the galaxy app booster as well.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I have a MacBook Air with the M1, this is important because smart switch doesn't work on Big Sur. Samsung has a message saying they are awaiting for approval because of covid. Well that's just plain garbage because no one is waiting for Big Sur approval at almost a year out from its release. Another reason why I don't want to have another Samsung device. You don't need apples approval to push an app outside of the App Store on a freaking MacBook.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
Does the battery drop that quickly in Safe Mode?

I will run tomorrow all day in safe mode and see what happens. This is only day 2 after t-mobile pushed their last update, maybe they forgot to add the battery life fix. It just so frustrating, I am out of town working and I don't have a car. I walk to work and any other place I need to go. The fact that I now have a phone that if I use will just die in like 6 hours is really frustrating. Guess I will do what I haven't done in 5 years. Pack a charger with me when I go anywhere.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I will run tomorrow all day in safe mode and see what happens. This is only day 2 after t-mobile pushed their last update, maybe they forgot to add the battery life fix. It just so frustrating, I am out of town working and I don't have a car. I walk to work and any other place I need to go. The fact that I now have a phone that if I use will just die in like 6 hours is really frustrating. Guess I will do what I haven't done in 5 years. Pack a charger with me when I go anywhere.
With the right charger it will charger super fast only take mine 45 minuite to a full charger.

Roadijeff

Mar 5, 2021
Visit site
For those of you who are having short battery life problems, do you ever go into the Settings > Battery and Device Care? Sometimes when I do that it optimizes the battery by shutting down unused background apps and things. I also run CCleaner each day (sometimes more than once) which turns off unused apps when I run its Boost utility. I've been getting over 4 days per charge with low to moderate use on an S21 Ultra.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I keep the cleaner widget on my home screen and reboot the device once a week to keep it running good. I have not seen any battery difference since the last TMobile update.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
For those of you who are having short battery life problems, do you ever go into the Settings > Battery and Device Care? Sometimes when I do that it optimizes the battery by shutting down unused background apps and things. I also run CCleaner each day (sometimes more than once) which turns off unused apps when I run its Boost utility. I've been getting over 4 days per charge with low to moderate use on an S21 Ultra.

Going to Battery and Device Care and deleting old apps will definitely help!

Johnson21x

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
When the update before the June one came out I noticed a battery drain on my S21+. It was weird because a couple of days after the update then i started having battery drain for reasons unknown to me, but it settled and battery life has been the same or better depending on what i do for the day. I have everything syncing and set the same for the past 5 months since ive had the phone and no new apps.

Does your phone get hot often?

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
I appreciate the resoponses, I will give a few days to see if the battery life gets any better. I have all the right things set, only critical apps are awake and the majority of my apps are all in a deep sleep. I have hardly any app that is using backround usage.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I appreciate the resoponses, I will give a few days to see if the battery life gets any better. I have all the right things set, only critical apps are awake and the majority of my apps are all in a deep sleep. I have hardly any app that is using backround usage.

Giving things a few days is a good idea. Please keep us posted on what happens!

illiniah

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I always check Google Play Services, if that has lots of battery use, then something is wrong with an app polling "somewhere or something" for data updates. I then run a Google search. That was how I identified the recent Google Chromebook sync issue that was killing my battery. I turned off sync ON the Chromebook! I'm back to phenomenal battery life. I keep pretty much everything running, including the always on display, and easily get a day off battery life.

chimpboy74

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I feel like it has gotten better. One thing I have noticed is that every single browser just chews through battery. Is there one that doesn't really do this?

My battery isn't as good as when I first got my s21U. It seems to be chrome causing most of the battery drain. At first I thought it was the Samsung updates causing the battery issue but I'm now thinking chrome specifically is the issue. Latest Samsung update didn't improve battery performance. I tried clearing partition cache etc but no joy.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
My battery isn't as good as when I first got my s21U. It seems to be chrome causing most of the battery drain. At first I thought it was the Samsung updates causing the battery issue but I'm now thinking chrome specifically is the issue. Latest Samsung update didn't improve battery performance. I tried clearing partition cache etc but no joy.

I don't use chrome so I can't speak for that one. I mainly use brave, they even talk about less battery consumption. I don't see that at all with their browser and the Samsung browser is just as bad.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't use chrome so I can't speak for that one. I mainly use brave, they even talk about less battery consumption. I don't see that at all with their browser and the Samsung browser is just as bad.

Brave and the Samsung browser are both chromium based, so most of their code is the same as Chrome.

All browsers are battery hogs though, nothing that can really be done.

TheAngryToaster

Sep 14, 2020
Visit site
unnamed.jpg

Is there a way to see if the system services like cell connection and so on are murdering my battery. In that time frame I was out hiking in a park. This park is in the middle of a big city so and I always had a good reception.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Tap the Menu button at the upper right -- is there an option to show all system processes there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukfred