I hate visiting this AndroidCentral forum! Why? Cuz I just ordered a new Ultra 22!

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm sure you'll enjoy what your Samsung Galaxy s22 Ultra will bring. :)

I also mainly use the sPen for annotation.

I caught most of Samsung Unpacked Event at work and will commuting home so when I got home and was just looking at the Samsung Store online site to see more about the phone........... the Blue Pre order button changed to say Buy me now Lee....... I swear ;)

I've been waiting for this release for a while and when I learned the Ultra provided the sPen Housed in the phone itself that sealed the deal for me.

I've missed not having it and having to carry it around separately for my Fold3. I've not liked any cases that house the sPen to be honest.a

In the UK we got the Samsung Buds Pro as a freebie and even though I have the Buds Live I'll be having them too.

Enjoy. :)

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I've been waiting for this release for a while and when I learned the Ultra provided the sPen Housed in the phone itself that sealed the deal for me.

I've missed not having it and having to carry it around separately for my Fold3. I've not liked any cases that house the sPen to be honest.a

If I needed a special case to carry the S Pen, then I would not have purchased the S22 Ultra. The S21 Ultra was something that didn't interest me in the least, since it would have been inconvenient to carry the S Pen and I'd risk losing it.

Seeing that the S22 Ultra is basically a Note with a different name made it a must have for me.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I never use the pen for writing cuz it's not practical and slow. I use the pen for drawing and adding annotations. For example, I might take a screenshot picture of a map, then use the pen to draw red line arrows that say "this way to destination dummy!" or "Meet Here!"... or something similar like that. Annotating a screenshot picture is very useful or even just to draw a red circle around an item to highlight something important. Plus on my Note 10+ stylus pen, its Bluetooth control feature allows me to press the button on the pen to use as a remote control for 10 second delay self timer selfie pictures of myself for a group picture...also very useful. See screenshot picture attached that I used my Note 10+ stylus pen for drawing annotations and words. Super useful !!! This is the power of a stylus pen that no iPhoney user can ever comprehend.

View attachment 341311

Alright, that actually looks pretty useful. I'll give it a shot. I just feel like I'll end up forgetting the pen is there and I'll just use the phone normally.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Alright, that actually looks pretty useful. I'll give it a shot. I just feel like I'll end up forgetting the pen is there and I'll just use the phone normally.

Even my Windows laptops have screens for drawing with a stylus pen. My Lenovo Thinkpad has a built-in stylus pen for drawing and annotating on the laptop screen. When done, I re-insert the stylus pen into the housing of the laptop. Apple users are missing out by not having a pen feature for its phones and Macbooks...so lame.

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I haven't visited this AndroidCentral site in about a year. After checking out that everyone is buying the latest Ultra 22 phone, that reignited my G.A.S. (Gear Acquisition Syndrome) disease! So no more than a few hours later, I ordered the new Ultra 22 in green for the unlocked 512GB version.

It's more like FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) lol. ;)

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have a 512GB Note 9. Kind of tempted to pull the trigger on a white or green S22 Ultra 256GB. But thinking of making this my last year of my faithful Note 9 and definately getting the S23 Ultra.

Samsung has used basically the same camera modules for the last 3 years, rumours are for brand new camera modules next year including the 200 MP sensor.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
As in Pentax cameras???
Yeah. It's what I shoot, and they talk about GAS all the time on one of their forums. Especially when it comes to lenses. I have 7, but in my defense, they all came with a single kit I bought when I jumped to that brand.

Hope you get a lot of enjoyment from the new phone!

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know when Samsung will provide a tracking number for my order submitted yesterday? For example, when will I get a UPS or Federal Express tracking ID number? Thanks! -Casey

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Anyone know when Samsung will provide a tracking number for my order submitted yesterday? For example, when will I get a UPS or Federal Express tracking ID number? Thanks! -Casey

Probably once the order is packaged and ready for shipment. I ordered my case after the phone but the case has already been processed and shipped with a tracking number and my phone is still in processing with no tracking number and the cancel order button has disappeared.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I don't use it all the time but it comes in handy. I sometimes convert written notes to text. It's more precision than your finger for cropping photos. I use it as a remote shutter on occasion. There are some air gestures you can do with it too. There's more if you get in to it.

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I checked my Samsung account but still don't have any Federal Express tracking number yet for my delivery. How long does it usually take before I get the tracking number, if anyone knows?