I love my battery!

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Figured I'd make a thread about how awesome the Atrix's battery is vs. all the other not so nice threads about it.

I just went 24 hours on a single full charge with above average usage for me. Included some light browsing throughout the day, typical phone use of phone calls, text messages, checking emails, sync, wifi, and even had to use the GPS for navigation a good couple of hours today.

Longest battery life per full charge so far :)

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Figured I'd make a thread about how awesome the Atrix's battery is vs. all the other not so nice threads about it.

I just went 24 hours on a single full charge with above average usage for me. Included some light browsing throughout the day, typical phone use of phone calls, text messages, checking emails, sync, wifi, and even had to use the GPS for navigation a good couple of hours today.

Longest battery life per full charge so far :)

The battery is better then my old EVO but the last 2 days the battery seem's to last less. The first 2 day's it was great went almost 12 hours. Now it barely squeak's 8 :(

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys. I am new to android, actually coming from blackberry. I think my battery life is bad comparing to what other people post here and on other forums. I manage to make about 8 hours of moderate use before the battery hits 20% thats when i typically put it on charge again, mostly internet browsing for about 4 hours a day no gps but wifi mostly, 3 to 5 phone calls a day for about a minute each and only weather app is updating every 30 minutes, no social apps. I ordered a spare battery to keep with me when not at home. But honestly guys how can you manage 24 hours out of atrix thats beyond my understanding! I really love atrix but the battery life is dissapointing.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I usualy charge it when it hits 20% i also read on varios forums and sites that it is not recommened to completely drain li-ion batteries

dLo GSR

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
my battery still sucks )= sometimes i'm down to 30% after just 6-7 hours, with display-on time being about 50-60 minutes.

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, guys this isn't a nickel battery so you should NOT be letting your phone drain the battery to the point where it shuts off itself. Plug it in BEFORE it dies.

My official time on my last charge was 26 hours 4 minutes 38 seconds.

Chances of hitting that again is 50/50, but I'm happy with it cause the first few days, it was draining pretty fast but now it appears to have finally found the sweet spot.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Bob how long have you had your phone for? I just got mine on tuesday 8, maybe it should take a few more days until the battery will start perform better. Also is there any way to see what apps are consuming the most battery power? (sorry i am new to android)
Thanks!

DesertDroid

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Any device (cameras, phones, etc) that uses a Lithium battery will cut off power before the battery drains to a point where it can be damaged.

If you take your battery out when it is "drained" and check it with a volt meter it will proabably be > than 3.7V

Max voltage on a lithium cell is 4.2 at full charge. Min voltage is about 3.3 depending on who you talk to.

I'm going to let mine get to 20% and see what the volt meter says.....

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Bob how long have you had your phone for? I just got mine on tuesday 8, maybe it should take a few more days until the battery will start perform better. Also is there any way to see what apps are consuming the most battery power? (sorry i am new to android)
Thanks!

little over a week now. Under settings > battery manager > battery usage (or click on the giant battery), it will show you what consumes the battery power but not to specific apps. There might be a 3rd-party app out there that can do that, but I am not sure.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I know about the battery manager, i was thinking if there is a way to see specific apps,. Guess I'll have to wait few more days and see...

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
chrgnthru how long does your battery typically last? I called up to motorola tech support today and they basically told me general stuff about how it varies on daily usage what apps you use, brightness etc. Nothing really that i didnt know before. So i actually broke down and purchased two spare batteries from android central store. Yes i know they are quite expensive but i am a heavy user, mainly internet surfing especially with flash chatrooms and instant messaging. Another thing worth mentioning is that if you decide to purchase a spare battery, better do it from a well known online store. I came across couple sites where they sell atrix 4g batteries for much less than on androidcentral, but simple google search gave me lots of negative reviews about this sites as it appears they are selling fake batteries which sometimes are DOA. Make sure that there is an authentic motorola hologram on it. Ebay is definetely the worst source to shop for batteries. I know that from my own experience.

Last edited:

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
chrgnthru how long does your battery typically last? I called up to motorola tech support today and they basically told me general stuff about how it varies on daily usage what apps you use, brightness etc. Nothing really that i didnt know before. So i actually broke down and purchased two spare batteries from android central store. Yes i know they are quite expensive but i am a heavy user, mainly internet surfing especially with flash chatrooms and instant messaging. Another thing worth mentioning is that if you decide to purchase a spare battery, better do it from a well known online store. I came across couple sites where they sell atrix 4g batteries for much less than on androidcentral, but simple google search gave me lots of negative reviews about this sites as it appears they are selling fake batteries which sometimes are DOA. Make sure that there is an authentic motorola hologram on it. Ebay is definetely the worst source to shop for batteries. I know that from my own experience.

First 2 days it lasted about 12 hours. The last 3 about 6 with moderate to heavy use. Battery management is set to performance with auto screen brightness. I charged the battery around 330 pm its now 1229am and im at 50 percent. Not sure what's going on.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
First 2 days it lasted about 12 hours. The last 3 about 6 with moderate to heavy use. Battery management is set to performance with auto screen brightness. I charged the battery around 330 pm its now 1229am and im at 50 percent. Not sure what's going on.

That battery doesnt sound good. I would get a replacement. Its not supposed to die that quick at all.

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I've mentioned this elsewhere on these forums, but before you order/buy a new battery, go to your local AT&T brick/mortar store. I am having issues with my battery...I used to get a full day (7a - 11p) out of the battery with normal use and now have to pop it on the charger for the drive home to make sure I have enough to get through the evening. I went to the store and told them about the almost overnight change and they are sending me a new battery for free and they don't want the old one back. So I will have a new, hopefully good battery and a backup battery for free.

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
jess.hickey could you please define "normal use" it all really depends on how one is using the phone so i am not exactly sure whether i should call at&t for another battery. perhaps i am using this phone a lot and thinking it is a " normal use" like for example i unplugged my phone off the charger at 2 am this night by 11 am it drained to 90% while it was lying idle. (i have only weather app updating every 30 mins) at around 11 am this morning i started using it, browsed web and went on a site that requires flash (chatroom) used it almost nonstop until 1 pm and battery drained to 60% is that normal or should i call att for another battery?
thanks!

Last edited:

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, just for fun, I left the phone on idle without doing much with it except receiving/making calls and texts and.......on a full charge, it went to 50 hours LOL...... good to know that if I use it like a (not smart) phone, it can last quite a while haha

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
jess.hickey could you please define "normal use" it all really depends on how one is using the phone so i am not exactly sure whether i should call at&t for another battery. perhaps i am using this phone a lot and thinking it is a " normal use" like for example i unplugged my phone off the charger at 2 am this night by 11 am it drained to 90% while it was lying idle. (i have only weather app updating every 30 mins) at around 11 am this morning i started using it, browsed web and went on a site that requires flash (chatroom) used it almost nonstop until 1 pm and battery drained to 60% is that normal or should i call att for another battery?
thanks!

If you are only draining 30% of your battery with 2 hours of constant screen use I'd say you are doing alright. Today, I've only had my screen on for 38 minutes and I've already lost 30% of my battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skrifjar14