I need to reset a galaxy tab.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I need to reset a galaxy tab, its my daughters and she has been putting games on it then uninstalling them over the years.
The memory is always full but ther number of games is getting less and less.
I reckon its full of old data etc.
The problem is one game she has on there, singing monsters, she has been building this game up for years and I don't want to lose any data during the reset, is there a way to do this without losing the games data?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Helium. Back up both the app and the data. (You'll need a PC or laptop and you'll have to download a file - you'll see the instructions when you run it - if the tab isn't rooted.) Either save the "carbon" folder to the PC after the backup or put it on an SD card. Then do the reset, put the folder back where it was, run Helium and restore the game and data.

nexus7man

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Helium. Back up both the app and the data. (You'll need a PC or laptop and you'll have to download a file - you'll see the instructions when you run it - if the tab isn't rooted.) Either save the "carbon" folder to the PC after the backup or put it on an SD card. Then do the reset, put the folder back where it was, run Helium and restore the game and data.

Thankyou, what is a rooted tab? I have never unrooted the tab, and will the folder be labelled ''carbon''?
Sorry for the questions, I am not very good with computers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradypsnyder