i phone coming to the big red!

ga_fool2002

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
just read the report about verizon getting the iphone!

The iPhone is finally coming to Verizon Wireless.
The largest U.S. wireless carrier will make the long-awaited announcement at an event Tuesday in New York City, a person familiar with the matter said Friday.
The move will for the first time let U.S. consumers choose the network that carries their iPhone and perhaps give them additional pricing options that could affect their monthly bills.

Read more: Verizon Finally Lands the iPhone - WSJ.com

lornaevo

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
This rumor has been going around for years and up to this point neither verizon or apple has made any official announcement. So I guess we should wait until Tuesday to see what happens. I for one hope it finally comes so we can finally end these rumors.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Who knows if will really come and what VZW will do with pricing all I know is I will be there. On release day for my wife

ga_fool2002

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
well most of the phone websites are anouncing this but my question is why? why would verizon step down to the iphone when the android has better specs and better everything from what ive read? i came from iphone, yes it was a nice phone but when i came to the droid side i was like why have i not been here? to me the iphone is now a step backwards? and with all the android tablets coming out i dont se the i pad 2 having big sales other than the apple heads? lol yes i too was an apple head i have a mac and now i pod touch was and i phone but now just a touch lol, by the way would the droids be on the dark side or the light side of the force?

BlackPrince310

Oct 9, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone's screen is much too small for me. What's the point to have such a high res screen if it's super small and hard to play games on. If they announce it with a bigger screen I may jump on it, but it would need to be atleast 3.8 inches.

spoiler61

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I just came over from the Iphone and IMO android rocks..I was about to leave ATT just to get a droid phone, but they came out w/ the Samsung Captivate and I was sold..There are just so many more options w/ the android..The iphone however is great for my wife and easy for her to navagate around..The ATT rep says there new android phones are really taking off..So hopefuly there will be even more options for me down the road..

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
well most of the phone websites are anouncing this but my question is why? why would verizon step down to the iphone when the android has better specs and better everything from what ive read? i came from iphone, yes it was a nice phone but when i came to the droid side i was like why have i not been here? to me the iphone is now a step backwards? and with all the android tablets coming out i dont se the i pad 2 having big sales other than the apple heads? lol yes i too was an apple head i have a mac and now i pod touch was and i phone but now just a touch lol, by the way would the droids be on the dark side or the light side of the force?

Because the average person just knows iPhone and doesn't care about specs and what a device could do. They just want a device that works great and does what its supposed to.if people cared what phones could do the Nokia n series would rain supreme

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

The iphone is in style, just like all apple products. Android is still too nerdy for most people. Apple is essentially a marketing company rather than a technology company. If not for their rather brilliant marketing, they wouldn't be anywhere.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
People want iphones because it looks nice. It's like comparing a Infiniti G37 to a Nissan GT-R, both are nice cars but Infiniti has the name but GT-R is faster and higher end.

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It may in the short term. But in the long term, if Apple keeps its business model and Android keeps going the way it's going, the tech in the iphone will be far behind that in Android. And if Jobs tries to keep up with the tech, he'll have to be very careful about the way he does it in order to keep Apple's battery life and stability advantages going (his way of doing so now is to reject technology that may hurt these). For example, I highly doubt we'll see a 4G iphone until 2012, the technology is just too new, and not yet established on either of the iphone's carriers. I can't see Jobs embracing such a new technology so soon.

Apple's closed system model with the iphone may eventually be the iphone's downfall.

c1971ace

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
This rumor has been going around for years and up to this point neither verizon or apple has made any official announcement. So I guess we should wait until Tuesday to see what happens. I for one hope it finally comes so we can finally end these rumors.

Exactly....just announce it already so these stupid rumors can be put to rest.

martin erwin

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Doubt this will be a big drop in Android users. If anything, I would guess under 5%.

I think the initial impact will be higher than that. As earlier noted, the iPhone is what's "cool", so it will sell like mad, no matter that it's well behind the curve of where smartphones are going. As also earlier noted, Apple is much better at marketing than building products and the sheep will line up to be sheared.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I think the initial impact will be higher than that. As earlier noted, the iPhone is what's "cool", so it will sell like mad, no matter that it's well behind the curve of where smartphones are going. As also earlier noted, Apple is much better at marketing than building products and the sheep will line up to be sheared.

I wouldn't say the Iphone is that behind the curve. It's also a very well known name. This will effect Android sales, a lot of people want a smartphone. I don't think this will be the death of Android. If anything it will be another reason to increase build quality, or specs on their phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
downthisroad4