I pulled the trigger!

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the Z Flip 3! I couldn't help myself! I have been eyeing this Z Flip phone since it came out but wanted to wait a bit because I wanted to see if it got improved and it did!

My only regret is that I couldn't get the color I wanted in the 256 GB model. My first choice was the lavender and my second choice the cream. Neither is available in the 256 GB. So it came down to choosing by color or by storage size. Price was the same on Samsung.com. I felt it was foolish not to get the 256 GB so I chose white. I figure I'm going to put a cover on it anyway. Its going to be hard to wait until Sept 21 for delivery.

shook187

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the Z Flip 3! I couldn't help myself! I have been eyeing this Z Flip phone since it came out but wanted to wait a bit because I wanted to see if it got improved and it did!

My only regret is that I couldn't get the color I wanted in the 256 GB model. My first choice was the lavender and my second choice the cream. Neither is available in the 256 GB. So it came down to choosing by color or by storage size. Price was the same on Samsung.com. I felt it was foolish not to get the 256 GB so I chose white. I figure I'm going to put a cover on it anyway. Its going to be hard to wait until Sept 21 for delivery.
Just an FYI price isn't the same because it comes out $150 credit... but regardless it's still a wise choice paying the extra for the upgraded storage

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Agree …I took the higher option storage for $50 and used the $100 credit on two cases …

Congrats on your order …

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
That's so awesome! Happy Phone Ordering Day! I can understand why you wanted specific colours - maybe you can get a Dbrand skin or another case that gives it that lavender or cream look.

Let us know when you get it and how you are liking it!

brucesmays

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I preordered mine, 128 gig, lavender. I stopped by Best Buy today to look at the display units. The flip 3 is much narrower than my Note 10 and narrowerer than my S20. Just something to think about as it looks larger on all the ads you see.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I preordered mine, 128 gig, lavender. I stopped by Best Buy today to look at the display units. The flip 3 is much narrower than my Note 10 and narrowerer than my S20. Just something to think about as it looks larger on all the ads you see.

That's strange. Are you sure it's not just seeming narrower since it is so tall? Specs wise it's the same width as my s21 and using phone arena's size comparison confirms they are the same width. Surprised if it's narrower than the s20.

Edit: just checked, it is slightly wider than the s20. That new (to me anyway) 22:9 aspect ratio will take a bit of adapting.

Last edited:

Seeker336

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Just received text message from FedEx that my "item" was picked up in TX on Saturday, 21 Aug, around 9 pm. Checked the tracking number on FedEx site and confirmed -- also says the shipper instructed not to deliver prior to the scheduled date: 25 August.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Just received text message from FedEx that my "item" was picked up in TX on Saturday, 21 Aug, around 9 pm. Checked the tracking number on FedEx site and confirmed -- also says the shipper instructed not to deliver prior to the scheduled date: 25 August.

YES! Three days away! You got this!

fonephool

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
So mine arrived yesterday, eventually. Any other Samsung phone I've ordered required a signature, not this one.. Odd numbering system in our neighborhood, several address with same unit numbers. Online said is was delivered, not anywhere I could find.. found it at another unit 27 three blocks away.. Happens with door dash all the time but I expected FedEx to be more professional. Fortunately I have the phone number for that person, called, she looked outside and said "yep it's here"... walked over and picked it up. $1200 worth of stuff misdelivered..

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
So mine arrived yesterday, eventually. Any other Samsung phone I've ordered required a signature, not this one.. Odd numbering system in our neighborhood, several address with same unit numbers. Online said is was delivered, not anywhere I could find.. found it at another unit 27 three blocks away.. Happens with door dash all the time but I expected FedEx to be more professional. Fortunately I have the phone number for that person, called, she looked outside and said "yep it's here"... walked over and picked it up. $1200 worth of stuff misdelivered..
Oh wow... Crazy indeed and lucky you have it

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
With the pandemic most packages started delivering with no signatures. Samsung has authorized FedEx to drop off packages without signature. Even other companies are doing the same currently (for example Apple). Once pandemic situation improves, then they will go back to signature required.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
With the pandemic most packages started delivering with no signatures. Samsung has authorized FedEx to drop off packages without signature. Even other companies are doing the same currently (for example Apple). Once pandemic situation improves, then they will go back to signature required.

This is what is crazy to me. Samsung did not require a signature but they also wouldn't allow you to change to pick up the package from a FedEx/Walgreens location. Seems like Samsung almost wanted them stolen.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
This is what is crazy to me. Samsung did not require a signature but they also wouldn't allow you to change to pick up the package from a FedEx/Walgreens location. Seems like Samsung almost wanted them stolen.
Usually the change to Walgreens pickup has to be done early in the process.

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Oh wow, I'm glad you said something. It does look like a nice wide width for me but now that you've mentioned it I'm going to have to find a store where I can see it up close and personal. We don't have any local stores that have them. I don't like long skinny phones at all. THANK YOU!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow