I really need to get back to stock today.

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I really need to get back to stock today. I can pay for any help I get.

I have CWM and CM9. I am rooted and I don't know anything else. My USB port is 100% broken and mobile odin doesn't work. I have CDMA Galaxy Nexus.

Can anyone give me step by step on how to fix this?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I really need to get back to stock today. I can pay for any help I get.

I have CWM and CM9. I am rooted and I don't know anything else. My USB port is 100% broken and mobile odin doesn't work. I have CDMA Galaxy Nexus.

Can anyone give me step by step on how to fix this?

Honestly, the USB port going down is the most difficult thing to overcome. If the solutions in the other thread didn't work, you're probably going to hate eat any repair costs.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
If your USB is indeed broken and none of the ideas presented in your other thread worked for you, I really don't know what else can be done. While our Nexii can handle a lot without ever bricking, a working USB port is really critical.

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The only real solution I've gotten was to try mobile odin.

It doesn't work, but I don't understand how to get the factory toro images flashed through cwm. CWM doesn't see it as a file.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
The only real solution I've gotten was to try mobile odin.

It doesn't work, but I don't understand how to get the factory toro images flashed through cwm. CWM doesn't see it as a file.

That's because you need fastboot to flash the factory images. You can't fastboot due to the fact the USB connection is broke. Why don't you get the USB repaired?

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Are you serious? Ugh... I guess that makes sense. There's no way I can put them in a zip to have CWM recognize them?

You can look around for something like that, I'm sure it's possible but I know traditionally, no, you do it through fastboot.

Jubakuba

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Flash stock radios and boot loader.
Find a nandroid online maybe.
If not, get on XDA ROOTZWIKI and here and ask stock rooted users to send you a nandroid.
Lock boot loader.
Remove superuser in system/apps
Reboot.
Stock.

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I can adb through wifi?

I have stock radio and bootloader.

I can't find a nandroid. I'm just gonna flash bugless beast and see what happens. This whole USB port crap is a bummer. It's wasted well over like 30 hours of my life. bs.

EDIT: Tried to flash to bugless beast and I flashed it but cm9 still started up.
What the heck?

Last edited:

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Who are you sending it in to for warranty? I've read mixed stories about sending it in as is without reverting to stock. Because unlocking your bootloader "may" void your warranty...... So take that however you will, I don't know how the manufacturer or whoever would feel. Samsung has a 9 day turn around, and I think they care less.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
I can adb through wifi?

I have stock radio and bootloader.

I can't find a nandroid. I'm just gonna flash bugless beast and see what happens. This whole USB port crap is a bummer. It's wasted well over like 30 hours of my life. bs.

EDIT: Tried to flash to bugless beast and I flashed it but cm9 still started up.
What the heck?

Did you wipe it first?

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
You might have answered this before but have you tried different usb cables? Mine did something similar but I was able to get a motorola usb cable to work after a fresh install of the drivers. It only worked once but I was able to load the factory images. Quit working again after it was loaded! My replacement works fine except for the radio that goes on and off :(

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
You might have answered this before but have you tried different usb cables? Mine did something similar but I was able to get a motorola usb cable to work after a fresh install of the drivers. It only worked once but I was able to load the factory images. Quit working again after it was loaded! My replacement works fine except for the radio that goes on and off :(

Did you update to JB?

egamerhdk

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I finally got bugless beast on there. It's locked. I don't care anymore. I have my new nexus with stock jelly bean just updated today. I quit. Hahahaha

Thanks for suffering with me guys.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you update to JB?

I have JB on my replacement Nexus(running CNA 3.6). USB works good but it is a China phone and came with IMM76Q. Seems like most go through a few before they get one that is good unfortunately. This phone will randomly drop radio and shows 4G sometimes but then says no service. I need to call again but I really hate doing it ... I have the new radios and bootloader too.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I've heard the China made ones aren't so good. The Korean made ones are the ones you want. I seen one post where this guy had to keep sending his replacements back because three in a row were jacked. Colors were completely off and stuff. One had the green line through it.

Sent from my wireless telephonic device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro