I softbricked my Samsung Galaxy S3(SGH-i747m), how can I fix it?

A

AC Question

I softbricked my Samsung Galaxy S3(SGH-i747m)

I messed up badly, I was trying to install cyanogenmod mod on my phone, to do this I installed twrp, and all was going well until for some reason I was unable to install the cyanogenmod. I was a huge ***** and forgot to back up, I cleared everything so now my phone has no OS. I tried installing 4.4.2 through ODIN, but I keep getting the same error no matter what version I use, Secure Check Fail : aboot, I was browsing the forums and discovered I that I am in need of a PIT file, so I did that, then I got 2 errors, Secure Check Fail : PIT and Secure Check Fail : aboot, please help me, I just want to use my phone again. For reference, I installed TWRP(v2.2.2.0) through the playstore, I've tried ODIN3 3.04,3.07 and 3.09. I got the tar.md5 from samsungs official website, 4.4.2.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: I softbricked my Samsung Galaxy S3(SGH-i747m)

I messed up badly, I was trying to install cyanogenmod mod on my phone, to do this I installed twrp, and all was going well until for some reason I was unable to install the cyanogenmod. I was a huge ***** and forgot to back up, I cleared everything so now my phone has no OS. I tried installing 4.4.2 through ODIN, but I keep getting the same error no matter what version I use, Secure Check Fail : aboot, I was browsing the forums and discovered I that I am in need of a PIT file, so I did that, then I got 2 errors, Secure Check Fail : PIT and Secure Check Fail : aboot, please help me, I just want to use my phone again. For reference, I installed TWRP(v2.2.2.0) through the playstore, I've tried ODIN3 3.04,3.07 and 3.09. I got the tar.md5 from samsungs official website, 4.4.2.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try this guide below, it should return you to complete factory and you can then start your rooting process over from there.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...amsung-emergency-recovering-samsung-kies.html