I tested the Pixel Tablet and Nest Hub Max in my kitchen. Here’s the best one

rockloi

Aug 30, 2023
Visit site
I'm most interested in that you said you need to unlock it for some functions. That goes against what I'd expect for a family room-based tablet. You removed the security, did you still need to swipe to unlock? That'd certainly diminish my interest if true.

Also "android" central didn't let me register with my Google account? 🤨

hollywoodcrypto

Nov 25, 2023
Visit site
I won't try the Tablet, because as a 5 year owner of the Nest Hub Max, I have to say it's the biggest piece of garbage tech devices I've experienced from any company since maybe the early 2000's. It's dramatically underpowered, glitching and stuttering on most average finger swipes for basic navigation. It's microphone often can't identify me and this declines half of my commands since I'm a stranger, despite retraining it on my voice many times. It's OS is an abomination, somehow with exact opposite choices made vs the normal mobile android. Lower brightness on Android? Of course swipe down from the top to reveal the settings. On Nest Hub Max? Of course swipe up from the bottom. I own 2 dozen Google smart home devices, speakers, screens, cameras, phones, etc. The Nest Hub Max is the device that broke me - it's so bad I refuse to ever buy another Google device ever again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali