I trust You Guys More than AT & T

buffee

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
So I got a text from AT & T telling me I should go on line & update my skyrocket to ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0 Should I? Is this a good thing??? necessary thing???? Need advice...its one thing to update my PC and another to do it to my new phone. thanks guys!!! or girls!!!:)

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't know anything about your phone. But I know that ics is amazing. Hopefully someone with your phone will chime in and give you all the good stuff

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
It's a phony text.. don't do it!!!

J/k.... but maybe you wanna look at some of the other threads on this topic ;)

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
So I got a text from AT & T telling me I should go on line & update my skyrocket to ICE CREAM SANDWICH 4.0 Should I? Is this a good thing??? necessary thing???? Need advice...its one thing to update my PC and another to do it to my new phone. thanks guys!!! or girls!!!:)
I'd suggest reading the last few threads.... people (including me) are having some serious issues with this update...

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
There would be no reason not to. ICS is the next iteration of android after gingerbread that your phone came with.

After upgrading, the phone will pretty much look the same with touchwiz still implemented as the stock launcher. You can add a different launcher or use one that you may be using now.

The difference in the upgrade is that you are getting the upgraded ICS system components that make the phone run better, and in some cases faster than gingerbread.

The ICS upgrades are worth it in my opinion if only to keep the device current, as I have heard that some developers may be making ICS only apps. Not to say that the older apps will stop working or disappear from the play store, but rather separate apps that will utilize the ICS software exclusively.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

dalvik

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
hmm i find it interesting how the people who don't actually own this particular model (SGH i-727) are giving their advices well OK....

Last edited:
Reactions: rgarcia900

TheNDChief

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
After struggling with kies for like 4 hours, I finnaly got my ics. Might I add that it was beyond worth it. Head to toe the upgrade was worth it. From fluidity to face unlock, ics is totally worth the update. Not to mention our device is now NFC enabled :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Mawie732

May 2, 2012
Visit site

I would suggest you do your homework and read up on the threads regarding the ICS update if you're nervous about updating the software on your phone. Some are having issues while the others are not. I have upgraded to ICS on my Skyrocket and so far all my issues are pretty small. Mostly irritating. Battery life is about the same, i haven't noticed any appreciable speed that some are reporting, in fact, i am experiencing a bit of a lag on some apps and transitions. I don't know yet if i like the new look of the browser and i don't like the fact that pressing the menu button does not bring up the option to go directly to your bookmarks when you're in the stock browser like it used to in Gingerbread. Like, i said, small problems. I do like the fact that touching the side of the screen brings up shortcuts. That's cool.
So, if you like the way your phone is setup right now and you're pretty much satisfied with it as-is, then stay with Gingerbread. There's nothing wrong with it. And, chances are, you won't be using those apps that are going to be developed only for ICS. And if ya change your mind later, then upgrade. There's nothing that says you have to. S'up to you. :cool:

gargoyle_48770

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
its true there is a chance that things will not go smoothly with the upgrade as there have been many people that have chimed in with problems but there are also many pp that have chimed in saying it running smoothly. now as pointed out before if you run everything stock without adding any apps from the app store you will notice very little change with the ics update, in that case i would not recommend updating it, just would not be worth the hassle. but if you download applications especially launchers from the store updating it becomes very sought after, especially when you consider apps like nova launcher, apex launcher and chrome browser (which most pp consider tops in there fields) only work on ics software.

wall.tsoi

May 31, 2012
Visit site
what OS are you currently running?

If you are not on some kind of ICS already, and running stock Gingerbread, upgrade. You've not much to lose if you back-up.

If you are like myself, running an ICS 4.0.4 UCLF5 leaked smoothly, then there is no reason to really try something that AT&T has touched and hopelessly bloated.

jedah

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know yet if i like the new look of the browser and i don't like the fact that pressing the menu button does not bring up the option to go directly to your bookmarks when you're in the stock browser like it used to in Gingerbread.

You can use Chrome.. which is also another benefit of having ICS. It's my default browser right now.