Icons creating new screens?

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
So idk if my note is just bugged or if anyone else is having this issue but basically every time I download an app or create a home screen icon instead of the icon going to the home page it keeps creating a third page(fourth if you include Bixby) I then have to manually drag them to my home screen and delete the screen.... I have done this so many times it's annoying! I double checked my setting and everything seems in order. I really don't like having lots of screens to flip through.. I disabled Bixby and have just two screens total now which is how I like it but my phone insists on giving me this third page:( Anyone having this issue? Is something wrong with my phone? Also my home screen is not full... Not even close and my second page is just as empty I keep everything neat in folders.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Just go into Play Store app settings and disable "Add Icon to Home Screen". It won't, then, automatically add an icon or start another home page.

You can then add the new icon from your app drawer to any folder on any page you choose.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
That's normal behavior. If you don't want that to happen do this; open the Play store app, open the menu (tap three line stack in upper left corner), open settings, turn off add icon to home screen. When you add an app to your home screen, rather than tap and hold and selecting add to home screen, tap and hold the icon then drag upwards to move it where you want it. That creates the shortcut and doesn't add another screen.

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
But I do want it to add to Homescreen! When I create something it should go to my Homescreen not add an additional page right? Add to Homescreen means add to Homescreen... No? Tks for the replys though....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've seen this mentioned before on Samsung phones. It seems that Samsung's UI looks for a blank slot at the lower right of the homescreen only -- not on the rest of the homescreen. If it doesn't find a blank slot at the lower right, it will create a new homescreen for the icon. It's either a bug, or someone made a silly design decision.

Sep 25, 2016
Visit site
Hmm interesting. I used the note five before this note 8 and besides my short time with the note 7 I have never used any other Samsung phones. The note 5 didn't have this issue seems weird such an expensive phone would have difficulty with such a simple task! With that being said it is my only issue with this phone and one that can be worked around so I will deal with it.

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
FWIW, all, I too have this issue. N8 adds icon to new screen. Here's the kicker: I HAVE THE GOOGLE SETTING TURNED OFF> Always have (I HATE that option). So it's DEFINITELY something in the Samsung settings, I just haven't found it yet. For giggles, I'll turn on/off the setting in Google just to confirm. EDIT: I don't have an icon in the bottom right corner (the dock notwithstanding). Might be a Nova thing. Searching now.

Last edited:

sinfoman

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
FWIW, all, I too have this issue. N8 adds icon to new screen. Here's the kicker: I HAVE THE GOOGLE SETTING TURNED OFF> Always have (I HATE that option). So it's DEFINITELY something in the Samsung settings, I just haven't found it yet. For giggles, I'll turn on/off the setting in Google just to confirm. EDIT: I don't have an icon in the bottom right corner (the dock notwithstanding). Might be a Nova thing. Searching now.

OK, this [redacted by Mod] is BIZARRE. For giggles, I turned ON the "add to home screen option... and it didn't add an app to my home screen. Then I turned it off... and it STILL didn;t add a new home screen. After LITERALLY doing it 3 installs ago (it's why I went looking for a solution here). Intermittent. Can the OP advise if this is still happening to him/her and if it is for EVERY install or just occasionally? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bongo